Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark

No Multiplayer?
I've been hearing rumors that there'll be no multiplayer. Is this true? I grew up playing GoldenEye 007 & it's spiritual successor Perfect Dark on the N64. Most of the time on the multiplayer. I've heard the game will be a single player only experience & it true will suck so bad for me. Loved the multiplayer in the og games & even in 360 launch title sequel. If it's not in this reboot I might skip it or if I do get it I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap on sale.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
potato 17 Jun @ 4:31am 
sp only
Originally posted by potato:
sp only
Yea I'm gonna be skipping on this then. Sigh.
Originally posted by Jill's Sandwiches 🥪🇯🇲:
I've been hearing rumors that there'll be no multiplayer. Is this true? I grew up playing GoldenEye 007 & it's spiritual successor Perfect Dark on the N64. Most of the time on the multiplayer. I've heard the game will be a single player only experience & it true will suck so bad for me. Loved the multiplayer in the og games & even in 360 launch title sequel. If it's not in this reboot I might skip it or if I do get it I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap on sale.

Some games do quite well without Multiplayer. Look at the Wolfenstein reboot from Bethesda. I am up for it as long as the game stays faithful to the original and with characters fleshed out. The Deus Ex style is the right path. What came out 24 years ago isn't going to be the same.
Zastels 19 Jun @ 4:40pm 
They do not have the skill set to program bots or to create anything engaging.
Pebbles 20 Jun @ 7:47am 
No combat simulator mode is a big mistake but tolerable if it has a good story mode.
No Coop would be unforgivable. It is staple to perfect dark.
Even when you play alone you can still do coop play by setting your buddy to A.I.

It's going to be a movie like experience so short gameplay parts with lots of cutscenes and watching animations.
No Coop or multiplayer= less content........ But they will still charge 70 USD and do exclusive bonuses and DLCs that you have to pay extra to play as soon as the game is out, because reasons.

The best thing that might come out of this is the hype bringing a HD version of the first game to PCs.
Last edited by Pebbles; 20 Jun @ 7:49am
Originally posted by Spatan555:
Originally posted by Jill's Sandwiches 🥪🇯🇲:

Some games do quite well without Multiplayer. Look at the Wolfenstein reboot from Bethesda. I am up for it as long as the game stays faithful to the original and with characters fleshed out. The Deus Ex style is the right path. What came out 24 years ago isn't going to be the same.

Well I guess this game ain't gonna be for me then since the multiplayer was a big part of the original. If you ever see me playing this game someone either gifted it to me or I got this game dirt cheap on a steam winter or summer sale in a couple years from now. 👎🏿
Originally posted by Pebbles:
No combat simulator mode is a big mistake but tolerable if it has a good story mode.
No Coop would be unforgivable. It is staple to perfect dark.
Even when you play alone you can still do coop play by setting your buddy to A.I.

It's going to be a movie like experience so short gameplay parts with lots of cutscenes and watching animations.
No Coop or multiplayer= less content........ But they will still charge 70 USD and do exclusive bonuses and DLCs that you have to pay extra to play as soon as the game is out, because reasons.

The best thing that might come out of this is the hype bringing a HD version of the first game to PCs.

All I really want is a functional multiplayer with the og weapons & their secondary firing modes. If they can't do even that at least put Rare Replay on steam for PC/Steam players.
Originally posted by Zastels:
They do not have the skill set to program bots or to create anything engaging.

Well they better come up with something before release. If not I'm going to be disappointed.
This is quote sad, the multiplayer was the best part of the original, it took everything from goldeneye and refined it, gave you lots of control over map rotation, weapon spawns and the bot AI and even the music, it was the most fun multiplayer shooter of it's time.
Last edited by Mightylink; 24 Jun @ 8:32am
Originally posted by Mightylink:
This is quote sad, the multiplayer was the best part of the original, it took everything from goldeneye and refined it, gave you lots of control over map rotation, weapon spawns and the bot AI and even the music, it was the most fun multiplayer shooter of it's time.

You're right. I'm sad that it won't be available in the reboot. It's a shame smh
Yeah def getting this when it's on a deep sale then. 90% of the playtime is Combat Simulator. No way they can't come up with something like that.
No Co-op is a huge mistake, how hard is it to add multiplayer and co-op and bots - even lazy devs know how to add simple features like this. Not a fan of singleplayer exclusive games.
Not rareware.
Originally posted by PERFECT DARKSIM:
Yeah def getting this when it's on a deep sale then. 90% of the playtime is Combat Simulator. No way they can't come up with something like that.
I'm definitely gonna do the same thing smh. Microsoft can't even port over the original perfect dark on steam. Would love to play that
Originally posted by Rico Raccoon:
No Co-op is a huge mistake, how hard is it to add multiplayer and co-op and bots - even lazy devs know how to add simple features like this. Not a fan of singleplayer exclusive games.
I mean in the world of game development nothing is truly "simple" the more features you add the more you gotta sort through unexpected bugs along the way & other stuff.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50