Sarah's Adventure: Time Travel

Sarah's Adventure: Time Travel

[SOLUTION] Stuck in tutorial
Need to set regional settings to the English. All thanks to dante82 for figuring that out.

W10: Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language > Regional Settings
example[i.imgur.com]

You can create a desktop shortcut that basically sets the culture for few secs until the game launches and then sets it back to the original. Just fill this as a target:

powershell.exe -command "$curr = (Get-Culture).Name;Set-Culture en-GB;Start-Process steam://rungameid/2994430 -Wait;Set-Culture $curr;"

Edit: if the "Wait" is causing any trouble (or doesn't work for other games because they use launcher or something) you may try the [20secs] delayed version instead:

powershell.exe -command "$curr = (Get-Culture).Name;Set-Culture en-GB;Start-Process steam://rungameid/2994430;Start-Sleep 20;Set-Culture $curr;"
Last edited by Elenoe; 31 Aug @ 10:06am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
shmel 11 Jul @ 1:26am 
It does not work.
Elenoe 11 Jul @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by shmel:
It does not work.
which part? Doing it manually should work. Set the formats, the time in Windows change, then start the game.

Script could fail for various reasons. Like completelly missing the regional pack in some version of windows or insufficient rights which you might not notice.

It affected more games, this worked for all of them, others were just promptly patched. Can you screen the settings? Just to check it's the right one?
shmel 16 Jul @ 9:24am 
Originally posted by Elenoe:
Originally posted by shmel:
It does not work.
which part? Doing it manually should work. Set the formats, the time in Windows change, then start the game.

Script could fail for various reasons. Like completelly missing the regional pack in some version of windows or insufficient rights which you might not notice.

It affected more games, this worked for all of them, others were just promptly patched. Can you screen the settings? Just to check it's the right one?
powershell.exe...
Volatile 24 Aug @ 8:29am 
Hi. Since I know how to actually form sentences, I'll take over from whatever shmel was trying to say.
The PowerShell script does, in fact, work - as long as you're ok with shutting down Steam, then running the script, then shutting down steam again to get your Culture back.
The problem, as far as I've understood, is that Start-Process won't wait (-Wait) for the right process if steam is already running, so it just switches the Culture back immediately.

A more manual, but less error-prone, fix would be to
  1. opening PowerShell
  2. Getting your current culture with
  3. Creating one desktop shortcut called correctStupidGame that runs
    Set-Culture en-GB
    and another one called getMyCultureBack that runs
    Set-Culture whatever-culture-you-got-in-step-2
  4. then running correctStupidGame before each start of this game, and getMyCultureBack once you've finished playing

A more PS fluent person than me could probably bodge something up with
Get-Process
. If you do, please post it here.
ShadowXFX 24 Aug @ 12:58pm 
I don't know why this is the solution but it works, lol.
Elenoe 31 Aug @ 10:19am 
-Wait never failed while I was using it. Even with Steam open.

It was failing if I was trying to start the process from disk (the exe file) directly instead of steam:// since the game restarts itself in that case and the new instance has wrong culture again.

But if that is the case (another game with the same problem, fixed within few days tho, used a launcher that screwed the -Wait as well) I used a simple 20secs delay before reseting the culture back with

Start-Sleep 20;
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50