Alkahest

Alkahest

Looks neat. Hope it's real.
So tired of being disappointed by ♥♥♥♥ that over-promises and never comes out. Hope this will be different.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
While it may look neat indeed it also looks too awesome to be true. As many other forum members have pointed out correctly, the trailer is fake and is easily recogizable as CGI, the intention behind it being boosting wishlist metrics. The trailer is more like a vision of what the devs would like the game to look like and has pretty much nothing to do with the real end product.

Don't get me wrong though. It would be a blast if Alkahest turns out to be an accomplished full release one day but we've been burnt far too many times to know that more often than not projects like these end up as hot air abandonware.
Last edited by Frequens; 7 Jul @ 8:06am
Originally posted by Frequens:
While it may look neat indeed it also looks too awesome to be true. As many other forum members have pointed out correctly, the trailer is fake and is easily recogizable as CGI, the intention behind it being boosting wishlist metrics. The trailer is more like a vision of what the devs would like the game to look like and has pretty much nothing to do with the real end product.

Don't get me wrong though. It would be a blast if Alkahest turns out to be an accomplished full release one day but we've been burnt far too many times to know that more often than not projects like these end up as hot air abandonware.

I mean it doesn't need to be even as half as fancy as it looks in the trailer... I just want a game to actually be delivered. I just want a decent FPV fantasy melee game that wasn't released in 2011.
Last edited by Gilgamesh; 7 Jul @ 8:19am
Originally posted by Gilgamesh:

I mean it doesn't need to be even as half as fancy as it looks in the trailer... I just want a game to actually be delivered. I just want a decent FPV fantasy melee game that wasn't released in 2011.
Low standards bear bad games. I'd like them to dare something. Be innovative and not just release anything...there are a lot of games that "just got released" and are bland to the core.
Originally posted by Gilgamesh:
So tired of being disappointed by ♥♥♥♥ that over-promises and never comes out. Hope this will be different.

Given this has been the standard for years since the local governments are not actually upholding consumer protection laws, it's no surprise the industry is taking advantage of this lack of law enforcement.
Last edited by The Seraph of Tomorrow; 12 Jul @ 3:01pm
Sauriel 13 Jul @ 9:25am 
I just hope there wont be any nonsense mechanics to deal with if you try fight enemies head on, or unseen/instant attacks that hits you while or after enemies block or you block, dark messiah had those. It seems to really enforce you only use enviroment for the majority of this game, unles they will release some more combat footage later, combat needs more depth than a group of enemies standing into eachother and just swinging their weapons without hitting eachothers allies too
Last edited by Sauriel; 13 Jul @ 9:31am
Typhooni 18 Jul @ 3:19am 
Spoiler: It's fake.
Alkahest_game  [developer] 19 Jul @ 2:04pm 
Guys, we're thrilled that you believe in the game and that the trailer caught your interest. We read all your comments and suggestions, and we'll do our best to create an unforgettable experience :)
Frenker 22 Jul @ 2:53pm 
Just shows how bad the RPg standards are nowadays that people can't even believe basic stuff.

God forbid that you could throw your weapon into a goblin or set some oil on fire and throw some bombs around...
Originally posted by Frenker:
Just shows how bad the RPg standards are nowadays that people can't even believe basic stuff.

God forbid that you could throw your weapon into a goblin or set some oil on fire and throw some bombs around...
I don't know the destruction just looks very hard to render live, look at the dust and dynamic shrapnal in the ♥♥♥♥ worm scene
CadaveR 28 Jul @ 9:13am 

Young players, too much tik tok
Originally posted by 𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐑:

what does that even mean?
CadaveR 30 Jul @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by Golden gamer:

Use your immagination
Originally posted by Golden gamer:

Use your immagination
why are you so cryptic? like just tell me your opinion out right, or just keep it to yourself.

P.S imagination
or are you doing the gen X versus Gen Z thing?
Match 7 Aug @ 12:28am 
When did people become too dense for trailers?
Noone said this was gameplay. Yes, it's CGI. No, that doesn't make it "fake". It makes it an announcement trailer, target render, concept trailer. I think they called it a "reveal trailer"... call it whatever you want. But: When basic common sense is enough to easily identify a trailer is _not_ gameplay and noone ever said it was, calling it "fake" just makes you look stupid, sorry.
It's especially weird, because according to the second sentence of your post, you seem to completely understand what the trailer is intended to do and you still call it "fake". That just makes no sense.

Visual quality aside, nothing in this trailer looks so far-fetched that it's "unbelievable" gameplay-wise. The gameplay looks _very_ similiar to Dark Messiah. I'm not sure there is anything in this trailer that couldn't be done in Dark Messiah almost twenty years ago, so I'm really not sure why everybody is acting as if this was entirely unachievable today.
Yeah, sure, the graphics may end up looking worse to an unknown degree, animations will probably be more choppy, some things might be "wonky", but other than that, the concept shown in the trailer doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

Be skeptic, definitely don't pre-order, do all of those good things, sure. That's the sane thing to do... but it seems to me, especially since "The Day Before", everybody's just being a cynic for the sake of it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50