The Flame in the Flood

The Flame in the Flood

View Stats:
White Wolf Disappearing
On two separate playthroughs I've met the white wolf and had the quest trigger to kill it. But before I can do anything it runs away, vanishes at the edge of the screen and never returns (even at other locations). On second play through I chased it around the map, but it ran away and wouldn't even attack me, and as soon as I ran out of stamina and lost sight of it, it vanished and never came back. Is this a bug?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Cyanmurder 27 Jan, 2023 @ 8:29pm 
You set the spear trap, before it see you. Then shoot it will arrows.
Shad0WeN 3 Jun, 2023 @ 3:15pm 
The White Wolf (and Elder Wolf) is designed to attack once or be attacked once and then run away out of sight and disappear. You have to act quick in order to kill it. Like regular wolves it will hesitate if you face towards it and slowly creep forward for a few moments so use that time to deploy a Spear Trap. It has to be done outside of the safe zone that is next to every dock. Then you just lure it into the trap. DO NOT shoot it with an arrow or it will likely run away. A Spear Trap is the only surefire way to kill the White Wolf.
Last edited by Shad0WeN; 3 Jun, 2023 @ 3:39pm
Originally posted by Shad0WeN:
The White Wolf (and Elder Wolf) is designed to attack once or be attacked once and then run away out of sight and disappear. You have to act quick in order to kill it. Like regular wolves it will hesitate if you face towards it and slowly creep forward for a few moments so use that time to deploy a Spear Trap. It has to be done outside of the safe zone that is next to every dock. Then you just lure it into the trap. DO NOT shoot it with an arrow or it will likely run away. A Spear Trap is the only surefire way to kill the White Wolf.

Thanks for response. But it never attacked me, it just ran away both times. The first time I set a spear trap as soon as I saw it and stood on the other side, but instead of attacking the wolf just stood still, and then ran away when I approached. The second time it ran away as soon as it saw me, and I chased it around the map until I lost sight of it and it never came back. I don't get how I'm supposed to kill it if I can't lure it towards a trap?
Shad0WeN 4 Jun, 2023 @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by de leeuw is op de bus:

Thanks for response. But it never attacked me, it just ran away both times. The first time I set a spear trap as soon as I saw it and stood on the other side, but instead of attacking the wolf just stood still, and then ran away when I approached. The second time it ran away as soon as it saw me, and I chased it around the map until I lost sight of it and it never came back. I don't get how I'm supposed to kill it if I can't lure it towards a trap?

I don't recall for sure if it has any effect but I wouldn't try to approach it or to 'shoo' it (like you can with regular wolves to make them back off) because it may cause it to flee. Just stand your ground facing it and quickly set up the Spear Trap. Once that's done turn your back to the wolf and move away, thus enticing it to attack and drawing it into the trap. It should try to attack you once. If it doesn't for some reason then maybe it bugged out. It helps to have the Spear Trap already crafted to save time. Note that Spear Traps can be stacked in a group of 3 in your inventory so it's one of the more efficient uses of a slot.
Last edited by Shad0WeN; 4 Jun, 2023 @ 9:07pm

I don't recall for sure if it has any effect but I wouldn't try to approach it or to 'shoo' it (like you can with regular wolves to make them back off) because it may cause it to flee. Just stand your ground facing it and quickly set up the Spear Trap. Once that's done turn your back to the wolf and move away, thus enticing it to attack and drawing it into the trap. It should try to attack you once. If it doesn't for some reason then maybe it bugged out. It helps to have the Spear Trap already crafted to save time. Note that Spear Traps can be stacked in a group of 3 in your inventory so it's one of the more efficient uses of a slot.

Hmm, okay. I'll try playing Grandmother's Footsteps with it next time and see if that works. Although I do remember trying to lead it through the trap the first time, only for it not to follow me. It's just a pain because it takes so long to find it again.

Anyway, thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated!
Deathtroth 28 Oct, 2023 @ 12:00am 
Yooooo, Quick (Late) Tip
Anything You Hit With An Arrow = Comes At You Like It's Enraged. This Includes Boars (They Usually Have A Leash Range, But Hitting Them With An Arrow Makes Them Completely Ignore That Range And Chase You All The Way Back To The Dock.)

Hope This Helps ^

Also When You Set Up Your Spear Traps/ Use Bow/Etc, Don't Go Into The Inventory Menu To Select It, Use The Quick Menus To "Deploy" Them (1,2,3 On Your Keyboard) Then Backpedal Away From Your Target, You Shouldn't Have To Go Off Screen.

And Lastly, All Types Of Wolves Will Go For The "Tainted Bait" (Meat + Devil's Trumpet)
- Just Throw It Near Them, Without Getting Too Close, And They Will Jump On It.

-------------------------
My Elder Wolf Has Literally Never Ran Away. So Weird (And Unfortunate) That You Have The Opposite Experience Haha
Last edited by Deathtroth; 28 Oct, 2023 @ 8:11am
Cyanmurder 10 Mar @ 12:13pm 
I found white wolf up high in the tree branches, so I shot it down with bow and arrow.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50