The Flame in the Flood

The Flame in the Flood

View Stats:
Ideas for advanced play?
So, I've completed story mode on Survivor and 200 days on Endless -- any other ideas for ways to play the game in a more challenging way? Some of the Achievements (e.g. die in creative ways) aren't that interesting to me.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
rmcmullan 21 Jun @ 11:34am 
I'm going to try for the Animal Friend achievement (Complete the campaign without killing any animals) next.
Originally posted by rmcmullan:
I'm going to try for the Animal Friend achievement (Complete the campaign without killing any animals) next.

I can't even figure out how that's possible. A ton of critical stuff is gated behind animal materials.
So far the hardest part has been dealing with non-expanded inventory slots (since rabbit pelts are needed for pouches) and staying warm enough (with shelter and fires since your clothing caps out at cattail insulated versions). It does help that there are a number of items that you don't need to retain (snares, traps, poisoned meat, bow, arrows, etc.). It's mainly a lot of torches to keep wolves and boars at bay. But I've gotten past the curve at this point and have a decent supply of food/water/shelter/medicine, so I think I'm home free. It helps when there start being enough snakes that they take out critters for you (_I_ didn't kill the bunny, the snake did -- I just took it from the snake).
I finished a Campaign run with the Animal Friend achievement. I can confirm that it worked (on Windows 10) and that if a snake happens to kill a boar or rabbit that does not prohibit the achievement. So if you happen to be standing in front of a snake and the boar happens to charge at you and you get out of the way, that's really on the boar when it gets bit. I will say that the Elder Wolf is very persistent when you can't kill it.

The other two advanced play achievements are both in Endless mode. Paleo Diet is to survive the first 40 days in Endless Mode without eating any plants (I wonder if Dandelion Tea counts). Vegetarian is to survive the first 20 days in Endless Mode without killing any animals. Haven't tried them yet, but could provide some additional play.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50