Zero-K
is there a way to disable what enemy types the ai uses?
say i wanted to prevent them from using tanks or something, is that possible without disabling all tanks? Can i limit the enemy to a certain unit type?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Fulano 8 Jul @ 11:24am 
I've wanted to try this too.

The first guess I've had so far is maybe trying to disable the factories at the start of the round so the AI doesn't start with them, then use the "!setoptions disabledunits" during the round to turn them back on.

I don't know if the engine would allow this though.

Also this would only prevent the AI from picking specific factories as their starting factories, they could still pick the factories later after you turn them back on.

The game does disable specific units for the AI in the campaign, I don't know how yet... but I wonder if that would be usable in a regular skirmish.

Hopefully someone who knows better will stop by and correct my ramblings.
Last edited by Fulano; 8 Jul @ 11:24am
Goose 8 Jul @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by Fulano:
I've wanted to try this too.

The first guess I've had so far is maybe trying to disable the factories at the start of the round so the AI doesn't start with them, then use the "!setoptions disabledunits" during the round to turn them back on.

I don't know if the engine would allow this though.

Also this would only prevent the AI from picking specific factories as their starting factories, they could still pick the factories later after you turn them back on.

The game does disable specific units for the AI in the campaign, I don't know how yet... but I wonder if that would be usable in a regular skirmish.

Hopefully someone who knows better will stop by and correct my ramblings.

i hope its possible. I dont think i've ever seen the ai use spiders or gunships
Fulano 8 Jul @ 2:05pm 
I've seen it quite a bit. :) The spiders are the one I was actually trying to disable so we could set up harder comp stomps in the fort maps without getting ambushed by spiders climbing up the walls right away.

The AI gunships usually don't show up until later after they've tried other factories.

One way to see the AI use aircraft is in the map Violet Rampart Generator, the AI always picks aircraft first in that one, it probably doesn't get along with the scripted map generation.
Goose 9 Jul @ 2:07am 
Originally posted by Fulano:
I've seen it quite a bit. :) The spiders are the one I was actually trying to disable so we could set up harder comp stomps in the fort maps without getting ambushed by spiders climbing up the walls right away.

The AI gunships usually don't show up until later after they've tried other factories.

One way to see the AI use aircraft is in the map Violet Rampart Generator, the AI always picks aircraft first in that one, it probably doesn't get along with the scripted map generation.

If we pick a water map it seems to go amphibious bots>tanks>aircraft later in the game. I really hope i can disable them from using certain types somehow
You can edit the AI configs locally to adjust what units that they build. Right click on Zero-K in your library, mouse over "Manage" and then click "Browse Local Files". Under the following path AI/Skrimish/1052188CircuitAI<Difficulty>/stable/config where <Difficulty> is the difficulty you want to adjust the units off.
I recommend backing up the files in this folder when you edit them just in case you accidentally stuff something up.
Under "factory.json" find the factory you want gone, then select everything from the factory name (including the quotation marks) up to the
},
that has the same indentation (if it's the factory at the very end of the list there won't be a comma, just delete the bracket then).
Last edited by ſɪʟʟʏ ſᴀᴅᴀſꜱ; 9 Jul @ 4:48am
In set up for a skirmish map, under options, you can edit costs, hit points and econ bonuses.

My friends and I disable the three heaviest weapons to fight out comp stomps longer. So no Chisel, meteors or disco. Just Ceribi, nuke silos big and small, and Berthas.
Under disable units. Enter the codes connected with a plus sign Zenith+Raveparty+Mahlazer and they won't be built. Though the AI hasn't hucked a nuke in over a year of regular playing. (Someone should see to that.)

Other codes disable other units. The same screen can also remove water or flood a map.

The Castle Gods map for instance, flooded, is a whole other game

In Options you can give Fleas a few more hit and damage points as well as Lances if that appeals to you.
Goose 11 Jul @ 12:12pm 
Originally posted by ſɪʟʟʏ ſᴀᴅᴀſꜱ:
You can edit the AI configs locally to adjust what units that they build. Right click on Zero-K in your library, mouse over "Manage" and then click "Browse Local Files". Under the following path AI/Skrimish/1052188CircuitAI<Difficulty>/stable/config where <Difficulty> is the difficulty you want to adjust the units off.
I recommend backing up the files in this folder when you edit them just in case you accidentally stuff something up.
Under "factory.json" find the factory you want gone, then select everything from the factory name (including the quotation marks) up to the
},
that has the same indentation (if it's the factory at the very end of the list there won't be a comma, just delete the bracket then).

and i can use this online when playing with a friend vs bots?
Whoa. Filly's advice is a little elaborate.
Simple Skirmish-Advanced-options will get you where you want to be with no permanent changes of files or backups needed.
Just so you know. I've got 943 hours in this game.
Goose 11 Jul @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by Lord Borzoi:
Simple Skirmish-Advanced-options will get you where you want to be with no permanent changes of files or backups needed.

if you're talking about disabling the units themselves, we know about that but then we cant use them either
Fulano 11 Jul @ 1:59pm 
Originally posted by Lord Borzoi:
This post is specifically about keeping the AI from using units, not blocking them entirely for the match.
Ah sorry! I misunderstood. Carry on.
Originally posted by Goose:
},

You should be able to. Whoever made the edits will have to add the AI, since the AI configs are local.
Goose 12 Jul @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by Goose:

You should be able to. Whoever made the edits will have to add the AI, since the AI configs are local.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50