Pulsen
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Sawtaytoes  [developer] 25 Jul, 2015 @ 12:53am
Online Leaderboards, what would you like to see?
I've seen a few posts already about the online leaderboards so I decided to conglomerate them all here.

What's in build/1.0 (Early Access Launch)
Leaderboards can be seen in-game, and they'll show you your score against your friends. It's also possible if you play offline to see your scores against your friends' as well, but that's a bit complicated to setup.

You can also compare your stats on each controller individually such as Dance Mat, Keyboard, Rock Band Drums, and Controller. To change your score set based on the device, hit [F9] on the music select screen, choose your device, and hit [ENTER]. This only works w/ your Steam account, not your local machine scores.

Global Leaderboards
My guess is most songs will have a bunch of 100% scores very quickly after release so most of the comparisons that I'm assuming would matter are you vs your Steam friends and you vs specific people, but not everyone. What do you guys think? Are global leaderboards still worth it?

Online Leaderboard Questions
I've started rebuilding my old online leaderboard system to work w/ Steam and want to get some suggestions on how to do it. I used to have playcount stats, live updates of peoples' scores as they were playing, a place you could see your last 40 playthroughs, and some interesting stats; although, I don't remember what those were.

What kind of stats would you like to see?

Do you mind going to a separate website for these advanced stats or should I figure out a way to integrate them into the game or at least Steam's [SHIFT][TAB] overlay?

Are you willing to wait it out or is it more important for you to see this early in Early Access? Gonna take me at least a couple weeks to get a basic site up with some advanced database queries and then hook into Steam's Web API on top of that so it ties in with your Steam ID, but that will pull me away from things like Challenge and Story mode, Tutorial, etc.
Last edited by Sawtaytoes; 26 Jul, 2015 @ 1:24am
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Sawtaytoes  [developer] 14 Apr, 2016 @ 11:22pm 
We're going to be implementing a tighter timing which would make leaderboards more fun. We're going to revisit these in a later build.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50