ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

View Stats:
Can someone help me pls?
I've done everything, checked Steam, the files, uninstalled Ark and Steam and installed them again. I looked in the .log for something, I've already used AntiCorruptionBackup and uninstalled all the mods and nothing works, I was already quite advanced with even some tek and dinos things for bosses, and honestly I wouldn't want to lose everything. I haven't played Ark for a few months because I still haven't been able to solve this problem, can anyone help me?

Assertion failed: ActualIndex >= 0 [File:F:\build\LostIsland\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\WorldSerializedObject.cpp] [Line: 128]

VERSION: 358.25
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc1e33b699) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff69db4701a) + 179 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff69db475cd) + 190 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!FSaveFileObjectReader::operator<<() (0x00007ff69dc3c115) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\worldserializedobject.cpp:130]
ShooterGame.exe!operator<<() (0x00007ff69dbb819f) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\propertytag.h:74]
ShooterGame.exe!UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties() (0x00007ff69dbc57ee) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:757]
ShooterGame.exe!UObject::SerializeScriptProperties() (0x00007ff69dbfc568) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:1065]
ShooterGame.exe!UObject::Serialize() (0x00007ff69dbfc47c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:1023]
ShooterGame.exe!AInstancedFoliageActor::Serialize() (0x00007ff69e3e86aa) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\instancedfoliage.cpp:2503]
ShooterGame.exe!WorldSerializedObject::SerializeObjectData() (0x00007ff69dc3daa2) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\worldserializedobject.cpp:703]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::LoadFromFile() (0x00007ff69e680029) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:6893]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::LoadWorld() (0x00007ff69c8dc5f1) + 2619 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:2754]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::InitGame() (0x00007ff69c8a16e4) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:1525]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff69e6728ea) + 43 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3244]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff69e6486e1) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10374]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff69e64313d) + 46 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9028]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff69e643e30) + 68 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9200]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff69e388213) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1168]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff69bb2b9d9) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2648]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff69bb2632c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff69bb2cf4a) + 5 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff69bb2d099) + 8 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff69f6e3de1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc1e6b7374) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc206bcc91) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc206bcc91) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
retsam1 5 Sep @ 1:12am 
Primarily your issue seems to having occurred due to a mod from the error report. Having used a mod or mods that caused an issue, or even an improper load order with mods can cause a save to not be able to be fixed and in such cases a new fresh save (unless you have a backup of the save far before the issues started) to resolve it, though again bad mod/load order just delays the inevitable.

So at this point, make a new game with NO MODS, Default game play settings only(no changes to ini files either what so ever.)

If you can play, then adjust settings first and test. Be warned super boosting and ini file changes can really strain/cause issues if done excessively though, especially if you're playing on a rig that cant handle the added strain (due to comp's hardware, or setting the graphic/performance demands above the rig's means too).

Then if it works from there, then before adding mods, do better due diligence to make sure you're using mods that arent broken/abandoned and have a good load order. Add one at a time(in the proper load order) and test you game after each one.

As for losing anything you made, sorry. But given you can use admin commands to spawn in any item including dinos and insta tame as well as playing in essentially creative mode, it shouldnt take but a very short amount of time to redo what you lost.

If you want to also explore if there are any other potential discrepancies that also may lead to crashing, (ie rig related), then go to the steam help menu, click system information, and then copy paste all that here so we can specifically see what steam detects for your computer and any potential discrepancies that may have relevance.

But at this point if you're not willing to do all the above and just want to keep pushing to get that old save to work, very likely, your wants really just dont match the reality of your situation.

Best of luck.
Or perhaps along with the above, I'd recommend starting a new save and see if that loads. If it doesn't trial and error to find out which mod is no longer compatible and you might be able to eliminate it from your list of mods. That way it doesn't affect the saved game you're trying to open right now and when you do open it after removing that mod, you can just click the proceed option it'll likely generate because that mod is missing. That's helped me save old worlds that wouldn't load before.
retsam1 5 Sep @ 11:06am 
Originally posted by Ko_Kat_Gaming:
Or perhaps along with the above, I'd recommend starting a new save and see if that loads. If it doesn't trial and error to find out which mod is no longer compatible and you might be able to eliminate it from your list of mods. That way it doesn't affect the saved game you're trying to open right now and when you do open it after removing that mod, you can just click the proceed option it'll likely generate because that mod is missing. That's helped me save old worlds that wouldn't load before.

He already said he removed all mods and still experienced the crashes on his save.

That's why I specified that likely his save due to bad mod/mod load order has been corrupted and he'll likely have to make a new save instead.

Otherwise the remove all and add one back at a time method does have merit, except there is a caveat that even that can be problematic if the situation is multiple bad mods and or conflicts of multiple mods when in recipe together with each other, and lastly if load order is questionable too.

That's why I mentioned for them to do better due diligence on their mod choices/load order considerations if the opt to use mods going forward.
Seldsum 11 Sep @ 1:23am 
I've had a similar issue when playing on fjordur. looking at the path in the error its similar to what I encountered. The most weird thing fixed the problem for me ... I installed the lost island dlc (didnt have it installed before that to conserve harddisk space) and once it was installed it worked fine, never had the issue again.
I dont know if it was a fluke in my case, but I reckon it cant hurt to give it a try and see what happens.
Originally posted by retsam1:
Originally posted by Ko_Kat_Gaming:

He already said he removed all mods and still experienced the crashes on his save.

That's why I specified that likely his save due to bad mod/mod load order has been corrupted and he'll likely have to make a new save instead.

Otherwise the remove all and add one back at a time method does have merit, except there is a caveat that even that can be problematic if the situation is multiple bad mods and or conflicts of multiple mods when in recipe together with each other, and lastly if load order is questionable too.

That's why I mentioned for them to do better due diligence on their mod choices/load order considerations if the opt to use mods going forward.

I did read that he uninstalled all the mods. I didn't make that suggestion out of ignorance. However it was never specified if one mod being added back at a time had been done. That's the only reason why I mentioned it.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50