Tyranny

Tyranny

View Stats:
Why this game is so underrated despite the fact that companions/npc are so wonderful written compared to other crpgs?
So i played pillars of eternity 1/2, pathfinder kingmaker/wrath of the righteous.
While gameplay in wotr is awesome, companions are rather meh in that game, ok most of them. Regil is still awesome.
How this game managed to beat games like pillars of eternity 1, deadfire, kingmaker and wotr in terms of quality of the story, companions, npcs, etc.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Yah. It's easily my fave crpg after Disco Elysium. Even DOS2 is a just a silly DND campaign. But that's probably what most people want to play, something to turn your brain off to. Personally I prefer deeper themes that reflect the human condition.
Lack of proper development time, lack of funding, lack of advertisement (mostly because it went straight to PoE instead), and corporate meddling.
This game is much like stumbling upon a partially carved marble statue and wondering why everyone is obsessing over stones that just so happened to crack in nice ways.
Jibes 25 Jul @ 2:12pm 
You can tell they definitely ran out of budget towards the end, game was amazing but the endgame and the ending was so abrupt and lackluster
Arkainin 27 Jul @ 2:34am 
Honestly, no clue. I loved POE, but this is probably my fav Obsidian game. Was super bummed when it became clear there would be no Tyranny 2.
It's Paradox's fault tbh, it was barely marketed and given a very limited budget.
As much as I like Pillar's setting I wish Tyranny's setting had become the succesfull one.
Originally posted by Demonbox:
It's Paradox's fault tbh, it was barely marketed and given a very limited budget.
As much as I like Pillar's setting I wish Tyranny's setting had become the succesfull one.
I could never get into any pillars of eternity games.
Originally posted by UIE First Citizen:
Originally posted by Demonbox:

Same, seemed more suited to a novel series or ttrpg source book with all the lore dumping over a game. Which is funny, since I usually love reading lore in-game for hours.
Last edited by AmesNFire; 9 Aug @ 6:34am
Originally posted by AmesNFire:
Originally posted by UIE First Citizen:

Same, seemed more suited to a novel series or ttrpg source book with all the lore dumping over a game. Which is funny, since I usually love reading lore in-game for hours.
Me too. I just thing the story and lore are bad and depressing. Tyranny lore is presented in much better and cooler way.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50