Hollow Knight

Hollow Knight

View Stats:
I might have ruined my save
18 hours into my 2nd savefile and i just found out that zote reappers in a later in-game event called Colosseum or something. the problem is i didnt save him in greenpath because he is a piece of sht. am i cooked?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
I didn't save him in the first play either) This has almost no effect on anything except for a few minor events
free achievement
Etherael 15 Aug @ 5:35am 
if you kill him in colo you get achievement, if you leave him to die you get a different achievement. there are 3 achievements that you have to do on a seperate save file. 1 banish the grimm troupe/kill knightmare king grim, 2 kill nailsmith/leave nailsmith alive and visit him in mato's house, 3 leave zote to die and visit his dead body after he has been killed by vengefly king/kill zote in colo of fools. There are also 2 steel soul achievements that you have to do on a seperate save file, and the 3 speedrunning based achievements if you didn't get them on your first time
Originally posted by Kefirleos:
I didn't save him in the first play either) This has almost no effect on anything except for a few minor events
good to know. almost had a heart attack thinking he is supposed to be a major character that becomes a final boss or something. but are there any other benefits in the future if i save him or is he just a useless
smack talker until the end?
Originally posted by Etherael:
if you kill him in colo you get achievement, if you leave him to die you get a different achievement. there are 3 achievements that you have to do on a seperate save file. 1 banish the grimm troupe/kill knightmare king grim, 2 kill nailsmith/leave nailsmith alive and visit him in mato's house, 3 leave zote to die and visit his dead body after he has been killed by vengefly king/kill zote in colo of fools. There are also 2 steel soul achievements that you have to do on a seperate save file, and the 3 speedrunning based achievements if you didn't get them on your first time
this is very informative, much appreciated. although i have a few question that i want to ask.

- are there any difference between banishing the troupe and killing grimm? i just unlocked their area after dreamnailing something in howling cliffs (im okay with spoilers)

- i am planning to complete all the achievements and 100% the game in the future. should i make another savefile just so i can save zote and fight him in the colloseum? i really dislike him and would prefer leaving him to die in my 3rd save
Nibbie 15 Aug @ 9:36am 
Originally posted by 𝕊𝕠𝕝𝕠:
Originally posted by Etherael:
this is very informative, much appreciated. although i have a few question that i want to ask.

- are there any difference between banishing the troupe and killing grimm? i just unlocked their area after dreamnailing something in howling cliffs (im okay with spoilers)

- i am planning to complete all the achievements and 100% the game in the future. should i make another savefile just so i can save zote and fight him in the colloseum? i really dislike him and would prefer leaving him to die in my 3rd save

-The only real difference is the charm you get. As you progress their quest you will unlock and upgrade a charm that gives you a little flying buddy that will attack things, killing Grimm (specifically, the dream-nail fight, not the regular fight) will upgrade that charm to its max. If you banish them instead (you will be given the option while collecting flames at a certain point), that charm is replaced with one that has an escalating chance of preventing damage you take. Banishing the Troupe means you can't do the dream fight, but you can still play the fight later once you unlock Godhome and the Pantheons.

-It would probably be most reasonably done on your 100% steel soul file, you have to explore and get most everything anyways, so you don't really have to go out of your way to do it then. You could also go out of your way to save him while doing your speedrun, it would only take a few extra minutes to save him in the two locations. Then after you complete the speedrun, you can go back into that file and get whatever upgrades you want to complete the first round of the colosseum and get him then.

The main tangible effect of leaving him vs saving him is a unique dream fight against him if you do his quest. Also unlike dream Grimm, not unlocking Zote's dream fight prevents him from appearing later in the Godhome pantheons, which makes them somewhat easier.
Last edited by Nibbie; 15 Aug @ 9:38am
>- are there any difference between banishing the troupe and killing grimm?

Well, banishing them means you're a big wimp who avoided one of the best bossfights in the game. So there's that.
Originally posted by Kefirleos:
good to know. almost had a heart attack thinking he is supposed to be a major character that becomes a final boss or something. but are there any other benefits in the future if i save him or is he just a useless
smack talker until the end?
How dare you! Speaking like that about the Invincible, Fearless, Sensual, Mysterious, Enchanting, Vigorous, Diligent, Overwhelming, Gorgeous, Passionate, Terrifying, Beautiful, Powerful, Mighty Zote! :zote:
RedSage 15 Aug @ 10:35pm 
Originally posted by ♥♥♥♥♥♥:

-The only real difference is the charm you get. As you progress their quest you will unlock and upgrade a charm that gives you a little flying buddy that will attack things, killing Grimm (specifically, the dream-nail fight, not the regular fight) will upgrade that charm to its max. If you banish them instead (you will be given the option while collecting flames at a certain point), that charm is replaced with one that has an escalating chance of preventing damage you take. Banishing the Troupe means you can't do the dream fight, but you can still play the fight later once you unlock Godhome and the Pantheons
You missed one very important fact. Banishing the Troupe also banishes Divine, meaning if you banish the Troupe before you make all the fragile charms unbreakable, you lose the opportunity to do so and they're fragile forever on that save file. Beating the Troupe on the other hand has Divine stick around.
i never save zote bc bro lies to bretta
Originally posted by RedSage:

-The only real difference is the charm you get. As you progress their quest you will unlock and upgrade a charm that gives you a little flying buddy that will attack things, killing Grimm (specifically, the dream-nail fight, not the regular fight) will upgrade that charm to its max. If you banish them instead (you will be given the option while collecting flames at a certain point), that charm is replaced with one that has an escalating chance of preventing damage you take. Banishing the Troupe means you can't do the dream fight, but you can still play the fight later once you unlock Godhome and the Pantheons
You missed one very important fact. Banishing the Troupe also banishes Divine, meaning if you banish the Troupe before you make all the fragile charms unbreakable, you lose the opportunity to do so and they're fragile forever on that save file. Beating the Troupe on the other hand has Divine stick around.
this is noted :steamhappy:

-The only real difference is the charm you get. As you progress their quest you will unlock and upgrade a charm that gives you a little flying buddy that will attack things, killing Grimm (specifically, the dream-nail fight, not the regular fight) will upgrade that charm to its max. If you banish them instead (you will be given the option while collecting flames at a certain point), that charm is replaced with one that has an escalating chance of preventing damage you take. Banishing the Troupe means you can't do the dream fight, but you can still play the fight later once you unlock Godhome and the Pantheons.

-It would probably be most reasonably done on your 100% steel soul file, you have to explore and get most everything anyways, so you don't really have to go out of your way to do it then. You could also go out of your way to save him while doing your speedrun, it would only take a few extra minutes to save him in the two locations. Then after you complete the speedrun, you can go back into that file and get whatever upgrades you want to complete the first round of the colosseum and get him then.

The main tangible effect of leaving him vs saving him is a unique dream fight against him if you do his quest. Also unlike dream Grimm, not unlocking Zote's dream fight prevents him from appearing later in the Godhome pantheons, which makes them somewhat easier.
thanks for this! much appreciated
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50