Controller Companion

Controller Companion

Is this obsolete?
Steam input vs this
< >
Exibindo comentários 19 de 9
SKEME_DBT 19 de ago. às 7:34 
Isnt the main point of this app to allow you to use your controller when NOT in a game?
I dont think steam input allows that, not that Im aware of anyway.
Unrighteous 20 de ago. às 1:34 
This is probably the best value purchase I've ever made and I still use it every day, so no.
SALVANTUS 26 de ago. às 22:57 
This is better than steam input and I use both, mainly the reason being that sometimes steam input tends to have issues with supporting certain games, plus you can also use controller companion for non-steam related things too which is another huge bonus. I have been using it for years and it still has not given me some type of compatibility issue with any games, even extremely old games that it probably shouldn't work with it STILL works with them too
Coolverine 31 de ago. às 1:13 
IMO still a very useful app, can be used without Steam running too.
GremlinHag 31 de ago. às 9:40 
I use this for a counter app while shiny hunting in Pokemon. It's pretty useful and the back buttons on my xbox controller finally have a purpose.
AngryFace* 31 de ago. às 16:58 
Escrito originalmente por Coolverine:
IMO still a very useful app, can be used without Steam running too.
Is there a way to get it stand alone or is it steam only
Hegom 11 de set. às 17:21 
Escrito originalmente por SALVANTUS:
This is better than steam input and I use both, mainly the reason being that sometimes steam input tends to have issues with supporting certain games, plus you can also use controller companion for non-steam related things too which is another huge bonus. I have been using it for years and it still has not given me some type of compatibility issue with any games, even extremely old games that it probably shouldn't work with it STILL works with them too

Is there a workaround for GamePass games? I gave a shoot to this app today and tried Dragon Quest 11 from the Xbox App and Controller Companion stays in the Desktop profile, it doesn't detect the game as a "full-screen app" or whatever it uses to detect that a game is running to disable the desktop profile, funny thing I had a remote desktop session opened and Controller Companion detected it as a full-screen app and disabled the desktop profile which is fine.
Unrighteous 11 de set. às 20:30 
Escrito originalmente por Hegom:
Is there a workaround for GamePass games? I gave a shoot to this app today and tried Dragon Quest 11 from the Xbox App and Controller Companion stays in the Desktop profile, it doesn't detect the game as a "full-screen app" or whatever it uses to detect that a game is running to disable the desktop profile, funny thing I had a remote desktop session opened and Controller Companion detected it as a full-screen app and disabled the desktop profile which is fine.
It doesn't detect a few of my steam games for some reason. I just disable it manually: Hold select and press start (or whatever the equivalents are on modern controllers).
Hegom 12 de set. às 14:04 
Escrito originalmente por Unrighteous:
It doesn't detect a few of my steam games for some reason. I just disable it manually: Hold select and press start (or whatever the equivalents are on modern controllers).
Yeah, that's what I did, I had to disable the desktop profile holding on those buttons
Última edição por Hegom; 12 de set. às 14:04
< >
Exibindo comentários 19 de 9
Por página: 1530 50