Fallout 4

Fallout 4

View Stats:
DosBuster 26 Apr, 2016 @ 11:21am
Fallout 4 Modding Discord Chat - For Beginners & Experienced Modders
Hi there,

The Creation Kit is a powerful tool, and a complex one to beginners. So, I have established a discord chat where modders and community members can hang out and get help on their mods as well as discuss modding related subjects.

https://discord.gg/0yRdjEUlnWG3m8my

We have a text-only chat and a voice-based chat so even if you don't have a mic you can still get help on your mods! See you there!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Khai 2 Aug @ 8:21am 
By modders, do you mean mod users or mod creators?
Originally posted by Khai:

OP waited 8 years for one, just one reply.
They must be over the moon.
Originally posted by 🆄🅽🅲🅻🅴 🅹🅾:

OP waited 8 years for one, just one reply.
They must be over the moon.

Well the problem is that Nexus and AAF discord which are the biggest, have such toxic admin base that when a new person to modding comes there all mods do is "go to this link and read the ♥♥♥♥♥ guide" and when they reply "I already did but it doesnt work" then they are susspended for X hours or muted and 90% of the time a begginer is permanently banned from there just because admins and mods are too lazy to help and wont even let community to help... I was permabanned from AAF discord for example just cuz I blocked one of the moderators (it is a female individual) and she just hated me cuz everyone she tried to help turned around and started talking with me and I actually helped them troubleshoot the issue... Eventually she perma banned me with words "play stupid games, win stupid prices" even though I was not communicating with her and I was just helping people solve their issues with mods...

Looking for another modding discord channels is going to be an increasingly common task starting this year cuz most people receive 0 to none help...
Zekiran 17 Aug @ 8:58pm 
Sounds like you were the problem there, though. "permabanned" from a place and you just HAPPEN to mention "it's a female" dude I can tell you right now I'd perma ban your butt too, since that says *everything I ever need to know*.
Originally posted by Zekiran:
Sounds like you were the problem there, though. "permabanned" from a place and you just HAPPEN to mention "it's a female" dude I can tell you right now I'd perma ban your butt too, since that says *everything I ever need to know*.

Don't know the above poster from Adam. But I too can confirm that the AAF discord is VERY toxic.... its not a place to go for help, its a Discord for a cliche of modders, animators, and other developers interested in the AAF code and mods that rely of AAF.

As such, they are very hostile to any questions ("We put out a guide, read it, use it, and if you don't understand, take reading comprehension classes!!" is a typical response from there)

I only deal with that Discord when I absolutely HAVE TO, and there is ZERO other recourse...
Which makes fixing and troubleshooting AAF mods not a fun exercise.... and Dagobaking is grouchy, acidic Author, so THAT doesn't help things... (AAF is Dagobaking's mod... and thus his Discord)
Originally posted by Nitemares:
Originally posted by Zekiran:

Don't know the above poster from Adam. But I too can confirm that the AAF discord is VERY toxic.... its not a place to go for help, its a Discord for a cliche of modders, animators, and other developers interested in the AAF code and mods that rely of AAF.

As such, they are very hostile to any questions ("We put out a guide, read it, use it, and if you don't understand, take reading comprehension classes!!" is a typical response from there)

I only deal with that Discord when I absolutely HAVE TO, and there is ZERO other recourse...
Which makes fixing and troubleshooting AAF mods not a fun exercise.... and Dagobaking is grouchy, acidic Author, so THAT doesn't help things... (AAF is Dagobaking's mod... and thus his Discord)
ya don’t have to use the mod. but
carry on..
Asked and answered: "for beginners and [for] experienced modders". Also, did it never occur to you that "modders" is an inclusive term, because every single mod creator is also a mod user?

Well done finding an 8-year-old post that hadn't already been rezzed by another Steam user not paying attention to detail. Sorting searches BY TIME instead of the default "Relevance" (which usually isn't) helps avoid making dumb mistakes.
Last edited by VulcanTourist; 18 Aug @ 12:07am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 26 Apr, 2016 @ 11:21am