Fallout 4

Fallout 4

View Stats:
Oahkery 11 Nov, 2015 @ 5:10pm
Stuck in Cooking Menu
So I'm at a cooking station, and I can't get out of the menu. Tab doesn't work for going back, and clicking the actual back option in the menu doesn't work (both just make a little clicking noise but do nothing else). All the other buttons either do nothing or do the normal menu navigations ... the only thing is I can't get out of the menu. I'm stuck in the Utility section after having just made some Vegetable Starch, and I can't even get back to the other recipes. I have a saved game from just a few minutes ago I can load, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone had a solution before having to redo all the crafting I just did.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
jensenthecat 11 Nov, 2015 @ 5:46pm 
Are you having problems with your Tab for anything else?

My Tab button is giving me problems, but I don't want to rush off to buy a new keyboard if it is a game problem rather than my keyboard.
Oahkery 11 Nov, 2015 @ 7:12pm 
Nope, no other problems, either in Fallout or in anything else. I loaded that save and haven't had the same problem since, so I don't know what was happening. I'm making sure to save before entering any crafting station now, though.
rmxpfan 12 Nov, 2015 @ 5:24am 
yeah same problem now.
author 12 Nov, 2015 @ 7:29pm 
I have same problem too... Stucked in that menu.. Getting out of that menu is imposible.
author 12 Nov, 2015 @ 7:35pm 
I restart the game and menu is working right, now.
Did you spell the entire jug of Vault-Tec instant cheese into the pot?
Overkill 12 Nov, 2015 @ 7:38pm 
same problem, and you can check if it's your keyboard by opening a worddoc and hitting tab. anyway, you can click tab)exit to close it, or hit esc and come back up often fixes it, or you can change the hotkey to capslock or something
Oahkery 12 Nov, 2015 @ 8:22pm 
If you read my original post, you would know none of that worked for me. Clicking the exit button didn't work, and while I could still use tab to bring up the Steam overlay with shift-tab, it wouldn't close the menu. Hitting esc did nothing but bring up the game menu, and when I closed it I was still in the same situation. I just had the same thing happen to me earlier today too, only this time tab stopped working in my Pip Boy menu. I had to reload again.
WxAaRoNxW 17 Nov, 2015 @ 4:04pm 
what you can though to fix it is by typing in console coc sanctuaryext to teleport you to the sanctuary settlement
Namloc 20 Nov, 2015 @ 3:53pm 
Originally posted by WxAaRoNxW:
what you can though to fix it is by typing in console coc sanctuaryext to teleport you to the sanctuary settlement

Thanks dude:steamhappy:
PrinceRenais 20 Nov, 2015 @ 7:18pm 
Originally posted by WxAaRoNxW:
Yeah! Thanks! That just saved a ridiculous amount of crafting xD
I'm glad I looked up my problem for an answer. All I wanted was some Vegetable Starch... This is probably the third time it's happened to me, -at least-! Well, we have a temporary solution, now. Thanks again!
Last edited by PrinceRenais; 20 Nov, 2015 @ 7:19pm
Kingpin Crazy 20 Nov, 2015 @ 7:43pm 
Whenever I get "stuck" (can't use TAB to exit something) I just Shift+TAB, then Shift+TAB back into the game again. Don't know if this works for those of you who have re-mapped the overlay button, but might be worth a try. :)
brtran 20 Nov, 2015 @ 10:28pm 
Same problem for me, thanks for a solution. Hope they will fix soon
Metal Mario 21 Nov, 2015 @ 6:56pm 
While you can use the coc santuaryext, a better way to avoid the glitch is to wait for the vegetable starch image to appear before you craft it. Avoided the glitch all the time when I did so.
Lunacy 22 Nov, 2015 @ 2:48pm 
Been geting this from time to time the only way out is to load a save or exit the game.
For now it's best just to quicksave before cooking things.
But for me it's only when making vegetable starch.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 11 Nov, 2015 @ 5:10pm