Fallout 4

Fallout 4

View Stats:
Select multiple targets in console?
Is there a way to select multiple targets in the console? For example, say I want to move three walls at the same time using modpos x 100; is there a way to have all three wall IDs selected so that all three walls move 100 along the X axis at the same time?

I realize that I can select multiple items OUTSIDE the console; I just want that WITHIN the console as well!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
No.
m662 17 Aug @ 11:55am 
Not as you want it no.

What you can do but is a absolute waste of time in this case is make a .bat file outside of the game and put all commands on a separate line.
Than run the .bat file from within console and let the script run.
This is useful for prepping a fresh character startup or test case for example but not for editing landscape, settlements.
Zekiran 17 Aug @ 2:05pm 
Place Everywhere does this, I'd suggest reading how to use it properly.
@Zekiran, I did just reread Place Everywhere's help file, and the closest I saw was their mention of the insert key. Sadly, that doesn't seem to work for console commands. If I'm missing something, please do let me know where to look!
Last edited by Based Builders; 17 Aug @ 5:27pm
Originally posted by Zekiran:
Place Everywhere does this, I'd suggest reading how to use it properly.
I've seen that "extra objects selection" feature mentioned in the description, but I haven't seen where it explained how to use it.
Zekiran 17 Aug @ 9:00pm 
You don't NEED a console command.

You just have to pay attention to how to use the insert key. You'd be using this while working in settlement mod. i'm positive there are a hundred videos about this subject explaining how each feature works.

Usually you have to be LOOKING AT an item, rather than HOLDING IT (in build mode) to activate certain things like the height changes and whatnot.

If you just need to realign something, using F1 will do.

In build mode with Place Everywhere active, press F1.

Find the item you want to be the 'right angle / height/position'. It will NO LONGER BE SNAPPED to its neighbors. When you have it in a position, you can then re-enable F1 snapping and ... snap the other pieces.

So technically speaking you NEVER have to do this to all the items as long as they will snap to one another in the first place. Just use the mod positioning in the console on ONE item. F1 with Place Everywhere, and BANG look at that, they are all now in the right direction. Yes you'll have to retouch everything but ... I mean, it works fine.
Last edited by Zekiran; 17 Aug @ 9:03pm
Originally posted by Zekiran:
You don't NEED a console command.

You just have to pay attention to how to use the insert key. You'd be using this while working in settlement mod. i'm positive there are a hundred videos about this subject explaining how each feature works.

Usually you have to be LOOKING AT an item, rather than HOLDING IT (in build mode) to activate certain things like the height changes and whatnot.

If you just need to realign something, using F1 will do.

In build mode with Place Everywhere active, press F1.

Find the item you want to be the 'right angle / height/position'. It will NO LONGER BE SNAPPED to its neighbors. When you have it in a position, you can then re-enable F1 snapping and ... snap the other pieces.

So technically speaking you NEVER have to do this to all the items as long as they will snap to one another in the first place. Just use the mod positioning in the console on ONE item. F1 with Place Everywhere, and BANG look at that, they are all now in the right direction. Yes you'll have to retouch everything but ... I mean, it works fine.
I do this constantly without ever needing [F1]. I use the numeric keypad hotkeys to adjust the piece that I want to define a new snapping alignment/direction, and when I have it as desired I simply grab the next adjacent piece and re-snap it to the "reference" piece, rinse and repeat. Toggling piece snapping with [F1] is never necessary for that. I use this process most often now with walls, since if I'm trying to follow settlement boundaries that are almost never square then I need to create corners at odd arbitrary angles. [Thanks a heap for those bizarre boundary shapes, Bethesda.]

I would on occasion like to have multi-select available that would, for instance, let me select a floor piece and all the NON-SNAPPED furniture items sitting on it and be able to move that around as an integral unit. If that what what the [NumInsert] key allows, then I don't know how to use it. I tried an experiment or two with it, failed, and gave up. Imagine a mode that one could enable that would treat as monolithic ALL objects that are snapped to - or sitting upon - the object that is pointed-at: a player could pick up and move an entire house and everything in it. For performance reasons, the game would summarize the whole thing as a simple wireframe that wouldn't tank framerate.
Last edited by VulcanTourist; 17 Aug @ 10:13pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 17 Aug @ 6:33am