Psychonauts

Psychonauts

View Stats:
BusyBee 29 Dec, 2019 @ 6:02pm
Cutscene Crash
Sometimes when the game tries to load cutscene the game will crash and I will have to keep opening it many times before it stops crashing, is there any fix for this, this game just seems like a mess on PC
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
D-ray 31 Dec, 2019 @ 2:20am 
It has become a mess recently as long as I know...
Btw, does it say any message when crashing? What's you operative system?
BusyBee 5 Jan, 2020 @ 5:06pm 
It just closes out, It doesnt say anything
D-ray 6 Jan, 2020 @ 2:14am 
Have you tried Check the Integrity of Files? You may lack some cutscene files.
BusyBee 9 Jan, 2020 @ 2:18pm 
I tried that before and it said nothing was wrong, and after it crashing a few times it will eventually play
D-ray 9 Jan, 2020 @ 9:58pm 
Thats strange. Whats your operative system and your specs?
BusyBee 10 Jan, 2020 @ 12:24pm 
Well, I run Windows 10, I have 8GB ram, and I’m unsure of the Processor and I can’t check at the moment, but I know my PC can run GTAV at really high settings, if that help
D-ray 10 Jan, 2020 @ 2:08pm 
Originally posted by FastLeaf:
Well, I run Windows 10, I have 8GB ram, and I’m unsure of the Processor and I can’t check at the moment, but I know my PC can run GTAV at really high settings, if that help
No it doesn't matter how strong your PC is... sadly...
By the way, it's been a while since alot of people solved their problem by checking if there is any compatibility option enbled in the game's directory exe. I suggest you to do the same, go in the game's directory, look up for the Psychonauts.exe and try to check if there is a conpatibility option in the proprieties.
Last edited by D-ray; 10 Jan, 2020 @ 2:08pm
BusyBee 11 Jan, 2020 @ 3:02pm 
Ok, I'll try, thank you
Power46 13 Jan, 2020 @ 8:40am 
Set your compatibility mode to either Windows 95 or Windows 98/XP and it should make it far less frequent if not stopping it altogether.
what do you do for xbox because i had to wipe the file and play the game all over again and it's still happening
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50