Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

View Stats:
Usable models not from the Workshop?
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to Garry's Mod, and I was just wondering about something.

Is it possible to use models in the game that aren't ones you can subscribe to on the workshop here? Like, say if I wanted to use a model of Sakura from Naruto but in her Boruto design, but I couldn't seem to find one here. There is one on Models Resource however.

So what I'm trying to say is, can I use 3D models from other third party sources and implement them into the game for me to use? I'm just curious.
Last edited by Michael of Random; 25 Jul @ 3:50am
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Yes but only if the model is supported for Source.

Example:

You can use SFM ( Source Film Maker ) models in Garry´s mod , but they will not have physics as they´re just models and the engine does not generate physics for them , Needing you put an phy. file on the model folder to have physics.

The model in question came from an Third party , so is less likely that it will be work on source as source is very delicated when it comes to models compability , for example , models that have 8K textures , SS ( Surface Scattering ) , PBR materials and etcera , were not supported on this engine , therefore the model will most likely crash your game or not load.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 25 Jul @ 2:57am