Golf With Your Friends

Golf With Your Friends

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Golf With Your Friends: Bouncy Castle FAQs
Hey everyone,

Here's a quick run-down of regularly asked questions concerning the new DLCs, and their answers! If you think anything else should be added to the list, feel free to get in touch.

General FAQs

Does everyone in the lobby need to own the DLC to play?

Nope, only the host needs to own the map for a lobby of up to 11 other players to play the new course!

What is included in the Bouncy Castle course?

18 Bouncy Castle-themed holes, and new cosmetics! Tied balloon floatie, inflatable sticker, hard candy sticker, balloons trail.

Were there any bug fixes with this update?

You do not need to purchase or own the DLCs to get access to the fixes we put out just ahead of the update (e.g. the cosmetics drop fix)! You can find a full set of patch notes here.

Can I get the new achievements without owning the DLC?
Yes! You can earn the achievements for free, providing the host of the lobby has the DLC unlocked.

What are the Summer Party and Racing Packs?

These are packs that feature cosmetics (including the all-new ball stickers) for you to style your ball with.

Where can I report bugs or issues?
You can use our ‘Report a Problem’ forum here!

Level Editor FAQs

Do I need to own the DLCs to play community maps with the new assets?
Nope! Anyone can play them, regardless of whether you own the DLCs or not.

How do you snap objects when you place them?
Currently snap only enables once you've put an object down for the first time. Then when you move it, it will snap if the toggle is on. We would recommend setting the X and Z to 0 so that the snapping is on grid correctly! The lack of snapping during placement is a bug, please bear with us as we look into this!

How do you duplicate?
Press cntrl+D to duplicate!

Linux FAQs

We are aware of some graphical issues that are occurring with the Bouncy Castle update for Linux players. This has led to an inconsistency in version numbers that meant Linux players were not able to play with Windows and Mac players.

A patch has been deployed to fix this; however, the Bouncy Castle Course still has graphical issues on the Linux setups we have tested. Therefore, we have temporarily disabled the purchase of the new course from Linux devices.

Whilst we work to resolve these issues, we would recommend that Linux users avoid playing the new course with PC/Mac hosts, feel free to continue to play all other courses and game modes as normal.

Can I buy the Bouncy Castle Course?
We have disabled purchasing from a Linux device, but you can still purchase it from a Mac/Windows device.

I am a Linux user, what happens if I try to play the Bouncy Castle Course?
You may experience graphical artefacts that substantially hinder your play experience. You can play the course in full, but your gameplay experience will not be what we intended, and you do so at your own risk.

Can I play with the new cosmetics?
The Racing Pack and Summer Party Pack are separate to the Bouncy Castle course and are working as intended on Linux.

When will the Bouncy Castle Course be available on Linux?
We are currently looking into the issue and will provide and update when we have one. In the interim feel free to place your bug reports on the “Report A Problem” sub forum! We'll post an update as soon as we can.
Last edited by Lo_Team17; 23 Jun, 2022 @ 6:33am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
lvr 2 Jul, 2022 @ 11:33am 
I bought the game today, I'm using the latest version of Mac OS (Monterey 12.3.1) and got surprised by the gaming not starting. Is that a known issue?
Originally posted by olucasvalandro:
I bought the game today, I'm using the latest version of Mac OS (Monterey 12.3.1) and got surprised by the gaming not starting. Is that a known issue?
Hey there, could you please contact us here so we can investigate? - {LINK REMOVED}
Dr. Livesey 13 Jul, 2022 @ 5:02pm 
Would you consider making this game cross-platform?
76561199227394142 18 Jul, 2022 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by fireball:
Would you consider making this game cross-platform?
At the moment there aren't plans for cross platform!
SignalOne 30 Jul, 2022 @ 4:25pm 
I'm having graphical issues with the DLC that cause it to be unplayable (I don't have any problems with any of the other courses). I've contacted support via the link above. It works fine on my partner's computer, the only real substantive difference is I have an ultra-wide monitor - the other specs are similar.
Originally posted by SignalOne:
I'm having graphical issues with the DLC that cause it to be unplayable (I don't have any problems with any of the other courses). I've contacted support via the link above. It works fine on my partner's computer, the only real substantive difference is I have an ultra-wide monitor - the other specs are similar.
Hey there! Sorry to hear that, our support team will be in touch asap to look into this! I will also raise this to the team on my end! Thank you for providing detail regarding the monitor, that's super useful!
Last edited by Lo_Team17; 1 Aug, 2022 @ 1:05am
Yoda 20 Sep, 2022 @ 12:16am 
yasss
GOOD
I own the bouncy castle DLC and was wondering if people that don't own it can use the assets to make maps or not.
76561199227394142 13 Oct, 2022 @ 1:34am 
Originally posted by Cool Ranch Buddha:
I own the bouncy castle DLC and was wondering if people that don't own it can use the assets to make maps or not.
You will need to own the DLC to make use of the assets - e.g. to build maps. You don't need the DLC to just play community maps that use them though!
Last edited by Lo_Team17; 9 Jan, 2023 @ 12:32am
Allen 7 Nov, 2022 @ 2:55am 
WOW
ARMAND35 4 Jan, 2023 @ 1:11am 
WOW
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50