Wallpaper Engine

Wallpaper Engine

View Stats:
Wallpaper Freezes when Window is Closed
I've just got a new Lenovo laptop and installed wallpaper engine on it and I've noticed that when I close a window, doesn't matter on the program, the wallpaper then freezes until I click on the background. I've seen some other posts about how overlay programs can cause this issue but as it's a new laptop I'm not sure what programs these would be. I've run the conflict checker and it highlights Bitdefender, Lenovo Vantage and Nahimic as possible conflicts but this issue isn't listed against them as a possible cause. I have also disabled pause on everything other than when a program is maximised or fullscreen within wallpaper engine's settings.

Is there any way I can find out what is 'maximising' invisibly?

Added the conflict checker result below:

Missing Firewall permissions
If you experience issues trying to pair a mobile device, try fixing the firewall permissions with the button 'Fix Firewall' below. Refer to the FAQ if you need more help.
BitDefender
It looks like you are using BitDefender. If you have issues like the browse window crashing or that it stays white or doesn't fully load, make sure to exclude Wallpaper Engine completely from BitDefender so BitDefender doesn't interfere with the program and break it.

Loaded modules found:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security App\bdagent.exe

BitDefender
It looks like the 'Active Threat Defense' of BitDefender is currently manipulating Wallpaper Engine and numerous users have reported that this can randomly crash Wallpaper Engine.

If you experience crashes, try disabling this BitDefender feature or exclude Wallpaper Engine so it can run smoothly.

Loaded modules found:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\atcuf\dlls_267312024351238147\atcuf64.dll

Lenovo Vantage
It looks like you have Lenovo Vantage installed.

Disable 'Network Boost' in Lenovo Vantage if you experience internet connection or speed problems.

Loaded modules found:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\VantageService\4.1.12.0\LenovoVantage-(LenovoGamingSystemAddin).exe

Nahimic
It looks like you have Nahimic installed which could inject into Wallpaper Engine and cause the following issues:

- Audio visualizers may not work.
- Wallpaper Engine may crash.

We recommend that you set Nahimic to ignore Wallpaper Engine or try to close or uninstall it. Click on 'Open FAQ' below if you need any additional help.

Loaded modules found:
C:\ProgramData\A-Volute\A-Volute.Nahimic\Modules\Scheduled\x64\AudioDevProps2.dll

Unknown audio hook
It looks like a generic audio hook is installed and affects Wallpaper Engine and may cause the following issues:

- Audio visualizers may not work.
- Wallpaper Engine may crash.

Click on 'View more' to see the path of this hook on your computer and click on 'Open FAQ' below if you need any additional help.

Loaded modules found:
C:\ProgramData\A-Volute\A-Volute.Nahimic\Modules\Scheduled\x64\AudioDevProps2.dll
Last edited by Deathreak; 24 Jul @ 4:28am
Date Posted: 24 Jul @ 4:26am