BLUE REVOLVER
Easier game recommendation
More specifically, something slower.
Is it even a thing? I'm not familiar with this genre.
Originally posted by danbo:
hi there, here's some random vertical bullet-hell-y games off the top of my head that i think are relatively beginner-oriented:

on steam:

bullet hell monday finale (free, upgrade-based, short missions, probably great for a total rookie)
devil blade reboot (may be a bit fast? but such a beautiful game!)
angel at dusk (same deal as BHMF but with a really unique style and not free)
mushihimesama (classic, good easy mode but may still be a bit fast, check a video)
graze counter gm
like dreamer (plenty of loadout options and extra features, very smooth game)
gunvein (may be a bit fast, but has very in-depth tutorials that focus on building skill)
dodonpachi resurrection
crimzon clover world explosion
zeroranger (fairly different from the other games here but a lot of genre rookies like it)

not on steam (sorry, i can't help you get your hands on these):

touhou 08 ~ imperishable night (tons of great features and stuff to do, amazing vibes)
espgaluda (one of the easier classic arcade bullet hells, slower bullets, gives the player a lot of options for dealing with things)

all these games except espgaluda have easy modes or something like that, so check out some videos and pick whatever you think looks cool and on your level. hope you find something you like!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
danbo  [developer] 16 Jul @ 5:17pm 
hi there, here's some random vertical bullet-hell-y games off the top of my head that i think are relatively beginner-oriented:

on steam:

bullet hell monday finale (free, upgrade-based, short missions, probably great for a total rookie)
devil blade reboot (may be a bit fast? but such a beautiful game!)
angel at dusk (same deal as BHMF but with a really unique style and not free)
mushihimesama (classic, good easy mode but may still be a bit fast, check a video)
graze counter gm
like dreamer (plenty of loadout options and extra features, very smooth game)
gunvein (may be a bit fast, but has very in-depth tutorials that focus on building skill)
dodonpachi resurrection
crimzon clover world explosion
zeroranger (fairly different from the other games here but a lot of genre rookies like it)

not on steam (sorry, i can't help you get your hands on these):

touhou 08 ~ imperishable night (tons of great features and stuff to do, amazing vibes)
espgaluda (one of the easier classic arcade bullet hells, slower bullets, gives the player a lot of options for dealing with things)

all these games except espgaluda have easy modes or something like that, so check out some videos and pick whatever you think looks cool and on your level. hope you find something you like!
Last edited by danbo; 16 Jul @ 5:22pm
n13e86 17 Jul @ 5:56am 
Tried Bullet Hell Monday: Finale.
It's quite fast. I'm mostly managing to do what it asks me to (easy difficulty, pre-chapters), but it feels like I'm barely able to keep up with it.
Zero Ranger is the game that brought me here - after trying its demo, I went online to look for something simpler.
(thank you for your suggestions and taking time to do this)
Last edited by n13e86; 17 Jul @ 5:56am
play r-type is slow as hell
danmaku 16 Aug @ 7:04am 
Fantastic Danmaku Festivals part 1 and 2 are fan remakes of EoSD and PCB. Also, if a game has an easy mode just play that first.
Stavbearer 20 Aug @ 11:26am 
As a genre rookie I can say that I liked zeroranger as an introduction. It really shines on visual clarity, which helped me adjust to weaving
n13e86 20 Aug @ 11:31am 
Originally posted by Stavbearer:
As a genre rookie I can say that I liked zeroranger as an introduction. It really shines on visual clarity, which helped me adjust to weaving
I got confused with the environmental hazards.
I get, overall, the idea of evading bullets - but I really can't keep up with it when everything around me is dangerous to touch. There's a moment where walls start closing on you, and I didn't get much further.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50