Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands

Downloaded from Steam , but I start the game it opens Uplay and wants me to Log In
I downloaded this game a few days ago , but every time I try to play it , Uplay opens and wants me to Log In , well the first time it did that I did and said "Remember Me" , then I opened the game again , and same thing , now today same thing , why is it opening Uplay (Ubisoft who makes the game) and why is it not remembering when I check the box that says Remember Me ???

Also is there a way to stop it from going into 3rd Person View ?? , every time I get killed its because of that , because it switches back and forth from First Person to 3rd when I drop the scope , its annoying as crap ... , I hate 3rd person view

Any help with either would be appreciated ..... Thanks .... Jim
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
FehiŸ 26 Jul @ 2:14am 
Well.

1st. That's a ubi:DSTpoop: right here. For few days it won't ask you a thing, for the other few days it will. It's just how it "works". So there is no actual way to fix it. Also, it opens because that's a requirement and without it you won't be able to play the game. Unfortunately.

2nd. It's a 3rd person game. wtf are you on. But there actually might be a mod for make it only a 1st person tho if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, there is. It's on nexusmods.

:B1:
WDFTHR 26 Jul @ 2:54am 
Ubisoft games all tend to do that unfortunately.

For your second question the game is 3rd person and goes to 1st person for aiming down the sights,
If you're not getting scope view when ADS, it's because you've hit L.Alt (toggle), which makes it over the shoulder view, (middle mouse to swap sides).
Yes die and you stand up to be shot again as soon as healed, night/thermal goes off, just a bunch of annoying things to make you not want to get shot again.
jimdirt_ 26 Jul @ 1:36pm 
Originally posted by FehiŸ:
Well.

1st. That's a ubi:DSTpoop: right here. For few days it won't ask you a thing, for the other few days it will. It's just how it "works". So there is no actual way to fix it. Also, it opens because that's a requirement and without it you won't be able to play the game. Unfortunately.

2nd. It's a 3rd person game. wtf are you on. But there actually might be a mod for make it only a 1st person tho if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, there is. It's on nexusmods.

:B1:
Thanks for the reply , however in the game description in the Steam Store it says FPS , not 3rd Person Shooter , which is why I bought it , I hate 3rd Person views , or at least I want the option at least to choose 1st person 100% of the time or at all , so , i'm not "on anything" , , I only play 1st Person and Single Player games anymore , so I look for those references before I purchase , and it says Single Player AND First Person in the Steam Store , which is why I bought it

I was highly disappointed when I went to play and it was 3rd person except when you pull up the scope , which is stupid , also the crap of losing your load out every time you get killed is another huge letdown , the only thing it makes me want to do is play the game less , its stupid , the reason I wanted a new game is because I have played all my Call of Duty and Far Cry games to death and this "looked" good in the video's , Ground Branch is better than this game so far , at least its Fist Person all the time and you don't lose your load out

Every single time I got killed was because of it switching from 1st person to 3rd person view , when I was trying to look around , if I wanted to play 3rd person I would have bought World of Warcraft or something (which I can't stand games like that), it's stupid and is nothing but cinematic crap that is completely stupid in a Shooter game , which I have been playing since the mid 90's

THIS IS FROM THE STEAM STORE:

Incursion Red River is a tactical first-person extraction shooter set in war-torn modern day Vietnam. Exclusively single-player and co-op gameplay! Customize your loadout, complete contracts & extract, or die trying!

Right in the first sentence it says "First Person" , but thanks for the reply and info , and I will look up that mod , but not really wanting to download something from someplace other than the game developers , I don't need any Virus or crap I don't want on my PC , or to get banned by Steam for using something other than what the game gets from Updates and Steam thinking its for cheating or something
jimdirt_ 26 Jul @ 1:47pm 
Originally posted by astrofelix59:
If you're not getting scope view when ADS, it's because you've hit L.Alt (toggle), which makes it over the shoulder view, (middle mouse to swap sides).
Yes die and you stand up to be shot again as soon as healed, night/thermal goes off, just a bunch of annoying things to make you not want to get shot again.

Thanks for the reply , Yes I am aware of the Over Shoulder view (which I tried and didn't like it any more than 3rd person view) and I AM getting Scope View , what my complaint is , is the 3rd Person View , I don't want it period , that is the issue , well that and losing your load out every time you get killed , its completely stupid and pretty much tells me I wasted my money on this game because of both things

I have never been "healed" since I'm playing Single Player not Co-op and there are no AI on my side , so basically I get shot and have to start over , and without any weapons left unless I use the Auto Load Out , which is another STUPID thing this game does , it doesn't make me want to not get shop again , it makes me not want to play again

I don't mind if it takes away the items you "collect" , but if I pick up a weapon from a AI and swap it for mine , or just Choose my Load Out then get killed , then I should be able to keep it when I re-Spawn , every other game I play (almost every Call of Duty since COD 1 and all 6 Far Cry games , and Sniper Ghost Warrior , and Ground Branch) , ALL let you keep your load out , and they don't clear the Armory of them either , it's a big let down
Last edited by jimdirt_; 29 Jul @ 5:38pm
jimdirt_ 26 Jul @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by @theweedfather:
Ubisoft games all tend to do that unfortunately.

For your second question the game is 3rd person and goes to 1st person for aiming down the sights,

Thanks for the reply , yeah so I found out , I was unaware that it was 3rd person , if I had known I wouldn't have bought it
Nwah 30 Jul @ 5:45pm 
Originally posted by FehiŸ:
Well.
THIS IS FROM THE STEAM STORE:

Incursion Red River is a tactical first-person extraction shooter set in war-torn modern day Vietnam. Exclusively single-player and co-op gameplay! Customize your loadout, complete contracts & extract, or die trying!

Right in the first sentence it says "First Person" , but thanks for the reply and info , and I will look up that mod , but not really wanting to download something from someplace other than the game developers , I don't need any Virus or crap I don't want on my PC , or to get banned by Steam for using something other than what the game gets from Updates and Steam thinking its for cheating or something

That's not the description for this game, that's a different game. Also, you don't lose your loadout when you die either.

Everything you've said about this game is wrong, with the exception of the ability to switch between 1st and 3rd person view when ads'ing lol
Last edited by Nwah; 30 Jul @ 5:45pm
Echolecter 30 Jul @ 10:37pm 
It looks like you're barking up the wrong tree here. There is no 1st person option for this game, as a video with game play would have clearly shown you. There reason you die is because bullets do actually hurt in this game. You take few hits and you're dead, and same applies to all enemies you encounter.

The UB launcher has a lot of 'issues' or 'features' that aren't exactly user friendly. But you'll need it to play any of their games. In many cases you're better off buying them directly from the UB store. Servers are slow to synchronize with 3rd parties, if it works at all.

If you have only tried and played the game for a few hours ... refund.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50