Quantum Break

Quantum Break

View Stats:
hawkhill 30 Dec, 2020 @ 12:18pm
How to hide the mouse cursor?
I'm playing with a wired Xbox-design controller, but the mouse keeps showing in the middle of the screen whenever I'm in menus or looking at text, even when I've already moved the mouse out of the way.
This would also cause prompts to appear as mouse and keyboard prompts, instead of controller prompts.
How do I set the game to stop registering the mouse?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Fazeball 5 Jan, 2021 @ 11:54pm 
try exclusive full screen, don't tab out (think recore has that problem).

why the prompts show back up, no idea, shouldn't happen until the game gets input from mouse or keyboard (it switches to the last input used). make sure you have xbox controller support activated in the gamepad config so steam isn't running some strange emulation or something.
Last edited by Fazeball; 5 Jan, 2021 @ 11:54pm
hawkhill 6 Jan, 2021 @ 9:36am 
Originally posted by Fazeball:
try exclusive full screen, don't tab out (think recore has that problem).

why the prompts show back up, no idea, shouldn't happen until the game gets input from mouse or keyboard (it switches to the last input used). make sure you have xbox controller support activated in the gamepad config so steam isn't running some strange emulation or something.
Have always being playing exclusive fullscreen. Problem still happens. My best option is to ignore the mouse when reading text, and to move the mouse out of the way when in the menus.
hsss 7 Jan, 2021 @ 12:39am 
try special k there is option to hide mouse cursor
Fazeball 7 Jan, 2021 @ 1:20am 
Originally posted by hawkhill:
Have always being playing exclusive fullscreen. Problem still happens. My best option is to ignore the mouse when reading text, and to move the mouse out of the way when in the menus.

might also be a something simple like the mouse being overly sensitive and generating inputs constantly, even when not moving. turn it on it's side or outright disconnect it and see what happens.
Notwist 10 Jul @ 10:05am 
I FIGURED OUT A SOLUTION:

1) use Steam big picture mode with your controller connected
2) press HOME (Xbox center button), then POWER, then SUSPEND SYSTEM. This will put your computer to sleep
3) Wake from sleep by pressing center button on XBox Gamepad, or wake via keyboard. ***DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE***. Enter system password using keyboard exclusively if needed.
4) Using controller, navigate the controller friendly UI of Steam Big Picture mode and start Quantum Break. NO MOUSE CURSOR APPEARS AT ANY POINT. ***IF YOU MOVE THE MOUSE CURSOR AT ANY POINT, the problem comes back.***

I have successfully tested and re-tested this, and it works. I don’t even have the Autohidemouse program running.

This solution will either be super convenient (if you use your PC as a Steam machine and play with a controller like I do), or super inconvenient. I have a Steambox-like setup with a wireless keyboard/trackpad, so I can physically turn it off to avoid activating the mouse, so this works great.

Alternatively, completely disconnecting the mouse also works, no sleep and wake trick required. Might be an option if you can easily pull out your mouse USB receiver (for some wireless mice with desktop hubs/docks).
Last edited by Notwist; 10 Jul @ 10:12am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50