Quantum Break

Quantum Break

View Stats:
Curser keeps appearing?
Literally everytime interacting with anything the curser will appear centre screen when using a controller, anyone know how to get rid of it?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
lateksikettu 8 Oct, 2016 @ 8:12am 
Hi Admiral! If you want to disable dual input UI prompts, I recommend unplugging your mouse when using a controller.
FaeTalan 8 Oct, 2016 @ 8:43am 
I recommend AutoHideMouseCursor, google it, it's a very light app. And set, in the .ini file, for the cursor to disappear in 0 second, so that it disappears instantaneously. Solves the issue completely.

Also, I recommend setting Anisotropic Filtering to 16x.

These are things we shouldn't need to waste time with, by the way...

Ps. The number one leisure time killer is Microsoft.
Last edited by FaeTalan; 8 Oct, 2016 @ 8:44am
Visuwyg 8 Jan, 2017 @ 4:27am 
Originally posted by LauriRMD:
Hi Admiral! If you want to disable dual input UI prompts, I recommend unplugging your mouse when using a controller.
This is not a feasible solution for me since I use a trackpad.

Surely this can be achieved with a patch? The majority of games doesn't have this problem (like the Windows Store Version of QB) - and those that do at least remember the cursors' position, so you can drag it out of the frame. It is really distracting.
Last edited by Visuwyg; 8 Jan, 2017 @ 4:30am
Visuwyg 8 Jan, 2017 @ 7:07am 
Originally posted by FaeTalan:
I recommend AutoHideMouseCursor, google it, it's a very light app. And set, in the .ini file, for the cursor to disappear in 0 second, so that it disappears instantaneously. Solves the issue completely.

Thank you this fixes the issue perfectly! A fantastic program, not just for this game. I think this will be an essential install on my gaming PC.
SixelAlexiS 9 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by Kaffeebohnson:

Thank you this fixes the issue perfectly! A fantastic program, not just for this game. I think this will be an essential install on my gaming PC.
It doesn't work for me, the cursor keep spawn at the center, if I move the mouse then disappear, but at that point is useless... any help?
Visuwyg 23 Jun, 2018 @ 5:42am 
Originally posted by SixelAlexiS:
It doesn't work for me, the cursor keep spawn at the center, if I move the mouse then disappear, but at that point is useless... any help?
Better late than never - coming back to this game, I noticed the AutoHideMouseCursor didn't work anymore - try going into the options of the tool, and select "use old stategy" (or something like that). That seems to do the trick.
SixelAlexiS 23 Jun, 2018 @ 2:51pm 
Better late than never - coming back to this game, I noticed the AutoHideMouseCursor didn't work anymore - try going into the options of the tool, and select "use old stategy" (or something like that). That seems to do the trick.
Yeah, I ended use that at the time, luckly it worked. Thank you anyway for the (late) post ^^
Fuzzball 4 Sep, 2019 @ 9:44am 

I've downloaded this little program, but am struggling to work out how to set the disappear timer to 0 seconds. In the program itself you can't set it lower than 2 seconds, and when I click "Options>autohidemousecursor.ini" a pop up appears saying it wants to open a regedit file.

I really don't know much about tinkering with the computer's registry, so I always stop it from opening up. If I click Yes, will it create the "autohidemousecursor.ini" file in the same folder as where I have the program? Or will it change something in my computer's registry that I don't understand?
ArcTheWolf 22 Mar, 2022 @ 12:52pm 
Thank you so much, I used to use AutoHide for MGS Ground Zeros because it had a similar issue, went to get this for Quantum Break and it wasn't working, now with the classic strategy switch it's working perfectly. You just saved this game for me because this was going to drive me insane.
Notwist 10 Jul @ 9:26am 
I FIGURED OUT A SOLUTION:

1) use Steam big picture mode with your controller connected
2) press HOME (Xbox center button), then POWER, then SUSPEND SYSTEM. This will put your computer to sleep
3) Wake from sleep by pressing center button on XBox Gamepad, or wake via keyboard. ***DO NOT TOUCH MOUSE***. Enter system password using keyboard exclusively if needed.
4) Using controller, navigate the controller friendly UI of Steam Big Picture mode and start Quantum Break. NO MOUSE CURSOR APPEARS AT ANY POINT. ***IF YOU MOVE THE MOUSE CURSOR AT ANY POINT, the problem comes back.***

I have successfully tested and re-tested this, and it works. I don’t even have the Autohidemouse program running.

This solution will either be super convenient (if you use your PC as a Steam machine and play with a controller like I do), or super inconvenient. I have a Steambox-like setup with a wireless keyboard/trackpad, so I can physically turn it off to avoid activating the mouse, so this works great.

Alternatively, completely disconnecting the mouse also works, no sleep and wake trick required. Might be an option if you can easily pull out your mouse USB receiver (for some wireless mice with desktop hubs/docks).
Last edited by Notwist; 10 Jul @ 10:12am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50