Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

View Stats:
darrenc 3 Apr, 2022 @ 9:50am
Playing on Steam Deck issues
Has anyone got it working? Supposedly it's "playable" according to Steam... Though if I try opening Virtue's Last Reward, the "Spike Chunsoft" logo pops up then an eternal black screen after.
Last edited by darrenc; 3 Apr, 2022 @ 9:51am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Raf 3 Apr, 2022 @ 1:10pm 
I think the game has some launch issues, I've been trying to play it via Steam Link and it always crashes so it could be linked to that
Last edited by Raf; 3 Apr, 2022 @ 1:10pm
Fredonaut 9 Apr, 2022 @ 5:15am 
I have the same problem, 999 starts normally. Also I can't exit the videos settings, the X to close them is missing on the Deck.
Timepants 14 Apr, 2022 @ 1:50am 
Virtue's Last Reward will not run with the default Proton version. It will work with GE-Proton7-14. The opening video crashes the game under the default Proton. The video settings can be adjusted in desktop mode, and should stay saved when you switch back to regular mode.
darrenc 18 Apr, 2022 @ 9:18pm 
Originally posted by Timepants:
Virtue's Last Reward will not run with the default Proton version. It will work with GE-Proton7-14. The opening video crashes the game under the default Proton. The video settings can be adjusted in desktop mode, and should stay saved when you switch back to regular mode.
yeah thanks i was able to obtain ge proton and it worked
Higgums 1 Jun, 2022 @ 4:26pm 
I tried GE-Proton7-14 as well as GE-Proton7-20 and on both the audio for cutscenes seems to be missing. Any else have this issue?
darrenc 5 Jun, 2022 @ 8:10pm 
Originally posted by Higgums:
I tried GE-Proton7-14 as well as GE-Proton7-20 and on both the audio for cutscenes seems to be missing. Any else have this issue?
I haven't tested 999 but for VLR, the cutscene audio is working for me using 7-14
NeoteriX 17 Jul, 2022 @ 5:49pm 
I just got the Steam Deck and Proton 7-14 nor 7-20 are available in the dropdown menu. The 7 version available for me was 7.0-3, and it didn't work, though Proton 6.3-8 did work for me to get back the startup screen, if this is helpful for anyone
Yeah I needed to use Proton 6 for this one, same as VLR.

Also needed to map my controller manually to the keyboard. Here are the keys in case anyone else needs:

General
-------
Enter A button
Esc B button
Left Ctrl X button
Tab Y button
Q LB button
E RB button
Z Start button

Misc.
-----
W Menu up
S Menu down
A Menu left
D Menu right
Enter Menu – Confirm
Esc Menu – Back
Q Escape Room – Rotate left
E Escape Room – Rotate right
Arrow keys Escape Room – Move camera
A Memo
S Text back log
D File
Z Save
F1 Help
Tacksy 12 May @ 2:34am 
Originally posted by Higgums:
Ditto. Troubleshooted for hours, including trying all the stuff on protondb, no cigar
I had either broken audio or video in cutscenes until I switched to Proton GE 6.21-2 (had to download manually from GitHub) and installed the latest LAV Filters.
Liese 3 Sep @ 2:44am 
Originally posted by darrenc:
Has anyone got it working? Supposedly it's "playable" according to Steam... Though if I try opening Virtue's Last Reward, the "Spike Chunsoft" logo pops up then an eternal black screen after.
I found many solutions on ProtonDB, the one that worked for me was forcing Proton 6 and installing LAVFilters via protontricks.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50