Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War

View Stats:
Trying to understand population and negative loyalty
I'm currently playing my 1st serious game, my population is 10/13 (8 required) and it's giving me -3 loyalty

I dont understand the 10/13 (8 required), am I missing 3 or 8 population to run my buildings? Does it mean that im constructing buildings way to fast vs my pop growth ?

Thanks
Originally posted by Outis:
Originally posted by Brodih:
Originally posted by just.dont.do.it:
No, just having population decreases loyalty.
thanks, last question! lol

So negative loyalty will always be there because of pop increase and I need to counter it with + loyalty buildings and heroes?

-loyalty is not as bad as it seems, unlike in other games. Operating at -loyalty is ok. Building loyalty building when near -10/-12 is ok.

Building new production buildings will give bigger benefit to production than the production penalty from -loyalty.

Also, usually building a new city requires a new loyalty building in already existing city because each new city is a -6 loyalty penalty.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Outis 21 Mar @ 7:40pm 
10/13 (8 required) means that you have:

10 Current Population
13 Max Population
8 required population for active buildings (you can turn buildings on/off)

This means that you have 2 (10-8) population ready to operate newly built buildings.
You can add 3 (13-10) population before growth stops in this city. At that point you will need a new Pop building built to increase the Max population and start growth again.
Last edited by Outis; 21 Mar @ 7:45pm
Originally posted by Outis:
10/13 (8 required) means that you have:

10 Current Population
13 Max Population
8 required population for active buildings (you can turn buildings on/off)

This means that you have 2 (10-8) population ready to operate newly built buildings.
You can add 3 (13-10) population before growth stops in this city. At that point you will need a new Pop building built to increase the Max population and start growth again.
thanks!

So population ''not working'' gives bad loyalty?

So negative loyalty will always be there because of pop increase and I need to counter it with + loyalty buildings and heroes?
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Outis 22 Mar @ 5:56am 
Originally posted by Brodih:

-loyalty is not as bad as it seems, unlike in other games. Operating at -loyalty is ok. Building loyalty building when near -10/-12 is ok.

Building new production buildings will give bigger benefit to production than the production penalty from -loyalty.

Also, usually building a new city requires a new loyalty building in already existing city because each new city is a -6 loyalty penalty.
Last edited by Outis; 22 Mar @ 5:58am
very one dimensional thinking, because it will bite you already at the start and just eat you later on, because the - Loyalty counts for ALL city productionm means you unit productions of every unti type suffers and your requistion/energy/ore/food also each suffer at there own too, and every new building you build suffers as well. wonder how you will mend that widespread resource and turn loose with one resource building more, if this one resource is not loyalty.
Last edited by Stardustfire; 22 Mar @ 7:30am
I have a question, i´ve read that the cap on positive loyalty is 50, but if you have that 50 and m say, use something like the edict from Astra Militarum to boost loyalty, will it reach 100 and work?
Teddy 28 Mar @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Stardustfire:
very one dimensional thinking, because it will bite you already at the start and just eat you later on, because the - Loyalty counts for ALL city productionm means you unit productions of every unti type suffers and your requistion/energy/ore/food also each suffer at there own too, and every new building you build suffers as well. wonder how you will mend that widespread resource and turn loose with one resource building more, if this one resource is not loyalty.

The idea is that it's okay to work in the negatives if that's what it takes to survive for a period . You obviously never want to run in a deficit if you can help it, but sometimes it's more important to see to another need.

The idea here is that it's not an instant loss just because your loyalty drops a little. Especially if you've got boots on the ground with your heroes, but are keeping them away from the frays.
If you have a large city, going from -10 to -3 from a loyalty building unlocks a LOT of resources you wouldn't otherwise have.
You get -1 loyalty per population and -6 loyalty per additional city. Dunno why nobody else explained it that simple yet, lol. Loyalty afaik affects everything your town does directly 1% per 1 loyalty, if you have 6 loyalty you get 6% bonus, if you have -6 loyalty you get negative 6% bonus to resources and production speed.
Last edited by Eightball; 3 Apr @ 7:39pm
Anyone know how I increase the Max Population? I'm currently 7/7 (11 required).
Do increase the max by acquiring more tiles?
EDIT: Found it, there's a building you can research, then build to increase the max population. Called a Dormitories.
Last edited by Telmorial; 2 Sep @ 4:59am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50