State of Decay 2

State of Decay 2

View Stats:
game randomly crashing
its not my pc i played for more than 55 hours now crashing with no messages
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
On my pc it is randomly freezing for a few seconds like it's going to go to desktop and then it recovers. Not sure what is going there. It did this before the update too.
I looked online and people have been saying the game crashing happens a lot and even corrupts there saves
Corrupts saves? OH NO!
what can i do
The game crashes because the devs never addressed a memory leak that occurs over normal game play.

in fact, they don't even acknowledge its existence, yet the game will crash after a while as it keeps generating assets without properly erasing previous asset information from the memory.

eventually, the game just crashes to desktop when all allowable memory space runs out.

its an issue that have been recurrent for 2 years now for EVERY users.
thankyou finally a real response most people say its my pc lol which i knew it wasent
SpectralFX 26 Jul @ 10:00pm 
The problem is that fanboy think its okay to hide those issues and not actually crack down on the devs for denying reality for PR reasons.

the fact of the matter is that you can start a fresh game, leave it on in the background and it WILL crash to desktop within 2 hours.

its easily reproduced but the reality is that this game isn't supported by the devs anymore, its a dead game.
Last edited by SpectralFX; 26 Jul @ 10:00pm
I think it might have something to do with curveballs. I had set curveballs to be continuous in the new custom settings and was crashing every 3 or so mins when loading my save. I switched it back to regular and I can play longer now, but it still crashed after 20 mins or so. So there must be a specific curveball causing crashes.

Edit: Small update. I have turnt off curveballs and have not crashed yet, knock on wood.
Last edited by Feenie™; 27 Jul @ 1:47am
luz182np 27 Jul @ 2:20am 
Originally posted by SpectralFX:
The game crashes because the devs never addressed a memory leak that occurs over normal game play.

in fact, they don't even acknowledge its existence, yet the game will crash after a while as it keeps generating assets without properly erasing previous asset information from the memory.

eventually, the game just crashes to desktop when all allowable memory space runs out.

its an issue that have been recurrent for 2 years now for EVERY users.

I have seen and heard many bugs in this game but this is new to me: I personally have experienced all kinds of frustration but it has never crashed for what you say, I have played for hours and hours continuously without the slightest problem
I second the curveball issue.
Originally posted by SpectralFX:
The problem is that fanboy think its okay to hide those issues and not actually crack down on the devs for denying reality for PR reasons.

the fact of the matter is that you can start a fresh game, leave it on in the background and it WILL crash to desktop within 2 hours.

its easily reproduced but the reality is that this game isn't supported by the devs anymore, its a dead game.
False. Been playing since it was released on MS store, never had this problem.

You claim people are telling lies, I think you just cant admit you don't know how to properly set up and maintain a PC. If your assertion was correct EVERY user would have this problem.

Before anyone gets mad, I am not saying people don't have crashes or that every crash is the users PC. Just that it is false that every user crashes in 2 hours without fail.
Last edited by -Singularity-; 27 Jul @ 9:26am
CyanCatMan 27 Jul @ 10:12am 
Originally posted by Feenie™:
I think it might have something to do with curveballs. I had set curveballs to be continuous in the new custom settings and was crashing every 3 or so mins when loading my save. I switched it back to regular and I can play longer now, but it still crashed after 20 mins or so. So there must be a specific curveball causing crashes.

Edit: Small update. I have turnt off curveballs and have not crashed yet, knock on wood.

Was about to say, seems ever since the curveball update performance has been getting worse.
Only when something crazy or a long session happened dit it ever crash.
Now i crash within the hour and have been experiencing a myriad of bugs i’ve never seen before.

Popins, unloaded character assets (floating head), and loads of stuttering.
This is the first time seeing any of this- good to know i’m not crazy though…
Originally posted by CyanCatMan:
Originally posted by Feenie™:

Was about to say, seems ever since the curveball update performance has been getting worse.
Only when something crazy or a long session happened dit it ever crash.
Now i crash within the hour and have been experiencing a myriad of bugs i’ve never seen before.

Popins, unloaded character assets (floating head), and loads of stuttering.
This is the first time seeing any of this- good to know i’m not crazy though…
I'm not crazy about curveballs. They should allow you to turn them off immediately instead of after 2 have dropped. I wonder if turning them off would help performance for people who are having problems after the update.
Feenie™ 27 Jul @ 12:46pm 
I've had 0 crashes ever since turning them off, so maybe.
CyanCatMan 27 Jul @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by -Singularity-:
I'm not crazy about curveballs. They should allow you to turn them off immediately instead of after 2 have dropped. I wonder if turning them off would help performance for people who are having problems after the update.

Now that you mentioned it i was avoiding them... then after talking to some dude about it did i start to really notice stuff get crazy.
Maybe the curve balls are to blame.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50