Batman™: Arkham VR

Batman™: Arkham VR

View Stats:
manthorp 13 Jun, 2017 @ 9:28am
Batman Arkham VR continual crashes
I bought this yesterday in great anticipation based on reviews. Unfortunately, it crashes a few minutes into gameplay every time. It's not always at the same place, but it's always crashed before I've completed the scene where I find nightwing. My Vive headset crashes and I get a message on my desktop saying "Video Driver crashed and was reset! Make sure that your video drivers are up to date. Exiting..."

My drivers are right up to date (like yesterday!). My GPU is a Radeon RX 480 and I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've got an AMD FX 6350 6 core processor and 8gb RAM. All my other VR games (40 of them!) run fine.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, did you find a solution?

If you have anything like my spec of PC, I'd be cautious about buying Batman Arkham VR. Shame, because for the few minutes it does run, it looks great.
Last edited by manthorp; 13 Jun, 2017 @ 9:29am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
T A U R U S 21 Jun, 2017 @ 8:02am 
DITO !

Crashes with "Low Level Fatal Error"
And only in Batman Arkham VR. Other games work without problems in VR.

Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch.
HTC VIVE Deluxe with Teletubbie-Motioncontroller.
PC : https://valid.x86.fr/4tpnvt
Last edited by T A U R U S; 11 Aug, 2017 @ 5:45am
manthorp 11 Aug, 2017 @ 5:33am 
Finally solved this issue. I went to Steam>steamapps>common>Batman Arkham VR>_CommonRedist and reinstalled the versions of DirectX Visual C++ that were downloaded with the game. Works fine now, and jolly good it is too.
T A U R U S 11 Aug, 2017 @ 5:44am 
Thanks !

Was the first step. Without success :/
Problem has been solved. Game with four crashes finished.
Playback value is zero.. DEINSTALL :)
Last edited by T A U R U S; 11 Aug, 2017 @ 5:47am
Sol810 12 Aug, 2017 @ 11:55am 
Hey thanks for sharing that manthorp! I'll try it when I get home from work 👏

update: Didn't work for me still have "Low Level Fatal Error"
Last edited by Sol810; 12 Aug, 2017 @ 6:16pm
[-THEMIGHTYBOOSH-] 12 Aug, 2017 @ 12:58pm 
the game is great me my wife and son have all had a play through no crashing ... htc vive
manthorp 14 Aug, 2017 @ 11:21pm 
Sorry it didn't work for you tomb_810. Keep trying thoiugh - I had it for months before I found a working solution!
Sol810 15 Aug, 2017 @ 6:15pm 
Originally posted by manthorp:
Sorry it didn't work for you tomb_810. Keep trying thoiugh - I had it for months before I found a working solution!
Thanks will do
Last edited by Sol810; 15 Aug, 2017 @ 6:16pm
Sol810 19 Sep, 2017 @ 12:17am 
update : just got it to work well, i was on the oculus home stumble across EVE: Valkyrie and someone had the same low level fatel error i know its a different game. The guy email the support and the" Dev investigated that it was third party software applying overclocks on your hardware. The devs identified so far as entering in conflict with the game are ASUS Sonic Studio, MSI Afterburner and NAHIMIC. If any of these programs are present in your computer and running during your startup, please disabling it and initiating the game again."
Well, i figure what the hell try somthing different and so since i do have asus sonic studio on my startup i just closed it and BAM IT FINALLY BOOT IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yea.
Duke2k2 19 Apr @ 7:07am 
Originally posted by manthorp:
Finally solved this issue. I went to Steam>steamapps>common>Batman Arkham VR>_CommonRedist and reinstalled the versions of DirectX Visual C++ that were downloaded with the game. Works fine now, and jolly good it is too.

How plz did you managed to install this again ? At mine there is no
"_CommonRedist" at the Path you told .
Last edited by Duke2k2; 19 Apr @ 12:12pm
I'm also getting that error out of the dang blue, and it was working with no issues before now... the weird part is that it works just fine in the SteamVR application on my Quest 3, but if I try to launch it in SteamVR on my PC via Virtual Desktop, it crashes to that error. And I'd play through the 'local' SteamVR app, but frankly it looks terrible. So... yeah. Guess I'm done with the game now.
Duke2k2 14 Aug @ 1:59am 
Originally posted by Sol810:
update : just got it to work well, i was on the oculus home stumble across EVE: Valkyrie and someone had the same low level fatel error i know its a different game. The guy email the support and the" Dev investigated that it was third party software applying overclocks on your hardware. The devs identified so far as entering in conflict with the game are ASUS Sonic Studio, MSI Afterburner and NAHIMIC. If any of these programs are present in your computer and running during your startup, please disabling it and initiating the game again."
Well, i figure what the hell try somthing different and so since i do have asus sonic studio on my startup i just closed it and BAM IT FINALLY BOOT IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yea.

THX 2 U sooo much "sol810" i just read again the posts in this Thread an saw that you mentioned also a Prog called "Nahimic" and then i remembered having issus with this one at one of the Tomb Raider-Reboot-Games its Sound . So i tried disabeling it in the Task-Manager and booom no more Game-crashing-Issues for a test of 25 Minutes where it otherwise would have been crashed after at least 5 Minutes :-=) just one short little stuttering there was thats all, i`am so glad now that i can solve the Riddler-Quests now at last 2 . Thank u very much sol810 :-=) .
Sol810 17 Aug @ 9:10pm 
Hey I'm glad my post is still helping people.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50