Dying Light 2: Reloaded Edition

Dying Light 2: Reloaded Edition

View Stats:
DLC2 and the current state of the game
We all know that the current situation of the game is not good. And most of the playerbase is waiting for DLC2 and ask "Why is it taking so long?".

But you have to remember that this DLC got scrapped 2 times already. Yes, for us they have been spending a lot of time working on the DLC. But in reality not that much time has been spent working on the current version of the DLC. I dont know, how much of the previous "water focused" DLC can be recycled but my guess would be: not that much.
And after the story got leaked and the DLC delayed, because a lot of fans didnt like the leaked story, means they probably have to do a lot of rewrites + new cutscenes etc.

So all of this + the company being bought by Tencent and being pushed to a "Games-as-a-Service" Product + the ever declining playerbase (meaning a DLC2 might not be a financial focus anymore) + they have to fix the base game, does paint a very grim picture.

They NEED to be more open about the current development. Its baffling to me that a company degrades so much in such short time when it comes to communication toward the community.

Just to really show you the problem with the game:
Last year, we got a roadmap for THE LAST YEAR. Yes, some things got delayed but the main problem is: We still are missing 2 of the biggest things on the roadmap

1. Tower Raids
2. Official Modding support

Yes, we got to play the Beta of Tower Raids (imo its a trash game mode, but at least its something) but we dont know the official release for it and they have been dead silent on the modding support (My guess is, that they will push much more into the Games-as-a-Service direction and scrap modding support because of it)

So why is it a problem?
Because outside of the things that got listed on LAST YEARs Roadmap, we have nothing for the rest of the year, outside of maybe 1 or 2 more events.

What we have now, will be the game for a very long content drought.
This is not good enough
Last edited by Varlus; 26 Jul @ 2:34am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
I really hope Techland clutches and fix the game along with making DLC2 actually good because I really loved DL1, and it's pretty clear that Techland is passionate about their games but each new update and corporate decision drives this game and Techland further into "Just Another Piece of Triple A Gaming Slop."

DLC2 really is the final straw that will either make or break this games future. If it's a flop like Bloody Ties then we're cooked.
Last edited by crispy crispin; 26 Jul @ 3:07pm
Alt0153 1 Aug @ 3:31am 
Originally posted by crispy crispin:
I really hope Techland clutches and fix the game along with making DLC2 actually good because I really loved DL1, and it's pretty clear that Techland is passionate about their games but each new update and corporate decision drives this game and Techland further into "Just Another Piece of Triple A Gaming Slop."

DLC2 really is the final straw that will either make or break this games future. If it's a flop like Bloody Ties then we're cooked.
techland stopped being passionate about their game once tencent became majority owner
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 26 Jul @ 2:34am