Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Skeletor 24 Sep, 2020 @ 12:28pm
controller issues regarding the last stand update
Note: English is not my first language so expect some grammar errors and some strange sentences

I play the game with a Xbox One controller and I noticed that, with the new update, the controls got a little bit meesed up.
- "Y" now make you switch to every item in your survivor's inventory. Before it only switched to your primary and secondary weapons, but now you need to scroll trough the whole inventory to go back to using your primary weapon
- crouch, "LB", is no longer "automatic" (aka now you need to press LB the whole time you want to be crouching as opose to before where you only needed to click once to crouch and click another time to stop crounching)

I would like to know if a small patch fixing the issue would be possible because this issue is quite an annoying one for those who play on a controller

I hope you all ended up understending my awkward English:6face:
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
austinp_valve 24 Sep, 2020 @ 12:51pm 
You can rebind the option in the overlay->Configure Controller. There is an option for toggle duck. Will look at changing the default binding back.
Skeletor 24 Sep, 2020 @ 1:40pm 
Ok, I got the hang of the implement of the new controller custumization. It is actually a pretty neat system. Thanks for the help :6face:
austinp_valve 24 Sep, 2020 @ 1:43pm 
No problem! Let me know if there is any other feedback around the controller input. We will do a smaller follow up update with some additional bug fixes for things like some of the prompts showing up as "Not bound" in-game and device specific glyphs for Xbox/PS4 Controllers/Switch Controllers.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 24 Sep, 2020 @ 12:28pm