View Stats:
Came back after 3 years and CV are still as broken as when I left
I'm not kidding about the 3 years

Last played JUN 23 2021
Last edited by =Starvin Marvin=; 18 Aug @ 12:39am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Jackson 18 Aug @ 12:49am 
Yea, they've not changed dramatically since then.

WG is working on some changes now, but I wouldn't expect any changes real soon.
christof 18 Aug @ 11:14am 
Well, there was the rocket plane change since. But that's basically it.
Mr. Stego 18 Aug @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by =Starvin Marvin=:

Last played JUN 23 2021
Im afraid to tell you this, but its probably the devs are focusing on business.
christof 18 Aug @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by Mr. Stego:

Last played JUN 23 2021
Im afraid to tell you this, but its probably the devs are focusing on business.
You mean that WG acts like every other gaming company out there and tries to stay financially healthy first and everything else second? Shocking.
RoombaRehab 18 Aug @ 11:48am 

Last played JUN 23 2021

CV's? Submarines are the cancer of this game man.
Originally posted by RoombaRehab:

Last played JUN 23 2021

260 hours says a lot about a player, keep practicing and you wont be sent to port so much and blaming cv and subs.
Last edited by sneakybass; 18 Aug @ 1:18pm
Originally posted by sneakybass:

260 hours says a lot about a player, keep practicing and you wont be sent to port so much and blaming cv and subs.

Did you just try to shame a new player based on play time?

Last played JUN 23 2021

There are people that like using them, I haven't bothered to try them yet.
Hiei 18 Aug @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by Citizen Sloth:
Originally posted by sneakybass:

No. Sneaky bass has always been stuck on "You don't get good till 84309wut49i043909345290 hours of game time." He's not trying to shame anyone, it's his version of advice I think.
Jackson 18 Aug @ 3:25pm 
While the hours is an exaggeration, for most players it will take many MANY hours to be good at the the game. Probably several hundred. I'm sure some catch on very quickly - I knew one person who did - but that's rare.

I track stats in game and I would throw a guess that probably almost everyone with less than 1-2000 battles is going to have pretty poor stats that are based on skill. That is several hundred hours worth.
Last edited by Jackson; 18 Aug @ 3:25pm
Jackson 18 Aug @ 3:27pm 

There are people that like using them, I haven't bothered to try them yet.
There are indeed. But many more who revile them.

However CV's have been in the game since the start and there was a enough clamor for subs that WG eventually gave in and added them despite promising they'd never be part of the game originally.
Ace42 18 Aug @ 3:31pm 
Originally posted by Jackson:
I track stats in game and I would throw a guess that probably almost everyone with less than 1-2000 battles is going to have pretty poor stats that are based on skill. That is several hundred hours worth.

Yep - realistically you're looking at maybe 4,000 matches before typical players both have learned the game through trial-and-error plus have managed to overcome historical losses from the grind.

There's players with 10k+ who are still somehow negative.

Improved community tools (shiptools, build tools, spreadsheet, etc + youtube guides, etc) has possibly stripped that down a bit more recently - but I wouldn't put money on it.

Players who come here soliciting advice probably can cut that down substantially, depending on how long it takes them to try and consciously improve their play.

Last played JUN 23 2021

Ive fought about 5 since Ive been back and it is, but I see wayy more CVs
Originally posted by Hiei:

No. Sneaky bass has always been stuck on "You don't get good till 84309wut49i043909345290 hours of game time." He's not trying to shame anyone, it's his version of advice I think.

Okay. I can understand to a certain degree. But by 260 I'm sure the person is okay at the game. Not a master by any means but competent.
Need to give the cvs and subs a chance might even like them I can live with both types of ships In game, you should also. Subs have been nerfed maybe even cvs later this year I'm fine with both ships in game they are easy to deal with. Until you learn this game only way to understand are hours played.

And maybe the message board would not be filled up with upset people having less than 700 hours, that more time is needed to play this game correctly. For me It took 1,200 to 1,400 hours before I really really noticed a big difference. My stats were improving are high In ranked ,but I have not played Random battles for four years ,I should go back to improve my stats but i don't care about random battles any more that was when i started but I love Ranked games so much I kick butt and win steel.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 18 Aug @ 12:39am