TUNIC
(spoilers ahead!) Please Dev, read this! Need Balance for NG+ please
Tunic NG+ needs a re-balance in the Old Burying and The Cathedral

Issue start when you become a Ghost, in the Old Burying Ground, 2 giant knights (armored knights) spawn (they only spawn in NG+) next to the 'black obelisk' that you have to activate in order to progress the story, problem is those 2 knights will 1 hit kill you (because you lost all your hp, your damage, etc.), trying to fight them is not possible, even when you are good at parrying, if you parry one, the other knight will get you 100%. I tried freezing them, no luck, also explosives does not do much damage against them. The only way I could pass, was by activating the shortcut ladder first, then aggro the 2 knights to the upper part up to the shortcut ladder, then go down the shortcut ladder and then I could activate the obelisk.

But then again, when you enter the the Cathedral, another, even worst enemy, is waiting for you in the big room before activating the lift. Impossible to pass, he will teleport and 1 hit kill you all the time. I think the Devs overlooked this part, you have no HP, no damage. In a normal game was ok and doable, but in NG+ is impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I like hard games, I 100% every soul game (you can check my account achievements if you want), but the Old Burying and The Cathedral are impossible in NG+ when you are a ghost.

Re-balance is is needed here, hope you can fix this.
Last edited by Sammarok-GoodGaming; 6 Jan, 2023 @ 11:52am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Shiro 6 Jan, 2023 @ 12:23am 
for big knights: are they still activated with Muffling Bell? and what about using the Gun?

for teleporting enemy in the "big room": is it blockable? if it's just one enemy, you could block or parry it. Maybe freeze would work too. (hm I don't recall teleporting enemies in base game besides custodian mages and graveyard gunslingers)

P.S. I didn't got that far in NG+ myself, since only change I saw was few extra enemies here and there. That big knight near house key looks imposing, but 1) as you said, with stats it's not as much of a threat, 2) old house can be outright skipped, due to one having shield already. Maybe I should try to play it more and get to the ghostmare part
Last edited by Shiro; 6 Jan, 2023 @ 12:33am
@Shiro, they still activated with the muffling bell, by big knight I meant the big armored knights (also edited op). Gun does little to no damage to them.

The enemy in the big room before activating the lift can just be ignored, you can run from him.

Yeah once you get your stats back you can fight the armored knights no issue. It just looks unintentional that part, or maybe it is, not sure.

EDIT: I didn't try the Decoy in those parts, that might be another way of doing it.
Last edited by Sammarok-GoodGaming; 6 Jan, 2023 @ 12:56pm
Shiro 6 Jan, 2023 @ 1:36pm 
I assume by "armored knights" you mean those guys you fight two of in the library (they guard one of hero shrines). Yeah, in library you at least have laurels + maybe some of stats, + can kill them one by one. Maybe you could try to use something to make sound close enough so that one knight is aggroed, but other is not?
P 15-4704 6 Jan, 2023 @ 2:48pm 
i did what you did and aggroed the enemies to another area, in the case of the armored guy in the catedral, i lured him downstair and killed him with the trap (idk if that's the monster you were refering)
Originally posted by Shiro:
I assume by "armored knights" you mean those guys you fight two of in the library (they guard one of hero shrines). Yeah, in library you at least have laurels + maybe some of stats, + can kill them one by one. Maybe you could try to use something to make sound close enough so that one knight is aggroed, but other is not?
Yeah, those knights. I tried all, they both activate at the same time.

Originally posted by sissel:
i did what you did and aggroed the enemies to another area, in the case of the armored guy in the catedral, i lured him downstair and killed him with the trap (idk if that's the monster you were refering)

Yeah that strategy works. About the enemy in the cathedral, is the miasma infected tall fox (like those that are inside the obelisks), he is in that room before activating the lift, I tried parring that guy but failed, anyway you can also just run or lure him with a Decoy and activate the lift without fighting him.
Shiro 7 Jan, 2023 @ 11:50pm 
Originally posted by Sammarok:
About the enemy in the cathedral, is the miasma infected tall fox (like those that are inside the obelisks), he is in that room before activating the lift, I tried parring that guy but failed, anyway you can also just run or lure him with a Decoy and activate the lift without fighting him.
ah you mean dashing enemy. Yeah I get, in normal game you can see it crucified, and either escaping or dissolving once you activate the lift. There's whole corridor full or laser traps just before it, pretty useful at gunning down enemies I don't feel fighting so that's probably gonna be my strategy
Most trouble here can be easily dealt with by using the Gun + Inverted Ash. Let's say that you have 9 flasks then you have a total of 11 shots, which is plenty to take down the two knights. Simply shoot -> reload (use flask) and repeat until dead. Same works with that special enemy before activating the lift since it is actually heavily affected by knockback you can just keep it locked down with that gun combo.
Yea it's a bit obnoxious. Even in the first run it's a little over the top to demand so much of the player when they are so weak. On the other hand it serves as a good test of item usage and that hold true into new game plus. I used decoys to run past many of the enemies, which was easy to do since I already knew the level. And good usage of bombs and magic refills can fairly easily get you through the boss gauntlet.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50