Opus Magnum

Opus Magnum

View Stats:
Aqua_Wren 14 Feb, 2019 @ 9:01am
So did anyone else get really really far before realizing that the table is larger than just what's on your screen?
Pretty much just, the title...

I got halfway through chapter V before I figured out that the right mouse button lets you move around on the table.

And before figuring out that programming instructions can also go farther, again with the right mouse button.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
kuwaitum 27 Feb, 2019 @ 6:44am 
Same with me, but I think earlier than Chapter V, for some reason I made a huge layout and it went wrong.. I started clicking randomly with frustration and the screen moved! *mindblow*
Nova Solarius 2 Mar, 2019 @ 6:50am 
I'm guessing you were good at the production engines?
357 Magnum Ace 10 Mar, 2019 @ 12:37pm 
This thread tipped me off to it. I can now make wildly cheaper designs with a piston and tracks. Thanks!
Last edited by 357 Magnum Ace; 10 Mar, 2019 @ 12:38pm
Aqua_Wren 14 Mar, 2019 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by Nova Solarius:
I'm guessing you were good at the production engines?
Fairly decent at them, yeah. Although they tend to be even more constrained in how much space you have.
Kotri Lv.199 16 Mar, 2019 @ 3:09am 
There should be an achievement for clearing the game without moving screen and instructions
pikX 18 Jun @ 8:50pm 
this post is ancient but you just solved timing crystal for me with this information, i was losing it trying to figure out how to condense my commands into a smaller loop to make it all fit, now i can just do a 6x rotation and call it a day

i should have realized that it sus that i could just have a repeat command extend into the void mysteriously
Funny thing about mentioning time crystal. I knew that map extends and I knew that commands extends beyond what you see. However, I forgot that and was thinking at first in terms how to make it with that sequence limit at first. Then I remembered that I can squeeze as many commands as I like. Then I realized that I'm playing at 1440p and raised my resolution to 4k.

I like to imagine that there is one richer person who got an easier time with this game because of it. They don't know that they can extend table and their solutions might be limited by their monitor resolution and thus their solutions might be limited by their screen resolution.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50