DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

View Stats:
Got run ruined by hacker
Started a new playthrough with the idea of becoming a full fledged Blade of The Darkmoon. Finally made my way into Anor Londo, joined the covenant, was clearing the Anor Londo castle.

When all of a sudeen a gravelord sign showed up, fine, that's fun. Invade the guy a few times, don't feel like doing it but I can't sit at the bonfire till that the guy is defeated (I think?).
Anyhow at some point the bonfire finally activates again, I pop some humanity to undo my hollowing and kindle the bonfire.

Then like 5 seconds after that I get the cutscene that Gwyndolin dies, and I'm suddenly in their bossroom. I get the souls and the armour of the fire keeper. Now I'm devestated because the entire point of the run is ruined. But after further investigation not only is Gwyndolin dead but also Solaire and the Giant Blacksmith. The fire keeper has her angry dialogue, but doesn't aggro.

Now it's safe to say that the run is juist ruined, spent so much time collecting absolutely everything before heading to Anor Londo, just for it to be thrown away.

I get the fun of invading with a meme build and one shotting poir bastards, fine, but to ruin someone's run like this? You're a sad, pathetic excuse of a player. Get out of your mom's basememt and get a job.

:steamsad:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Apathy 9 Aug @ 8:12am 
Just go to NG+ or use a backup save.
Don't have a backup save and I don't feel like doing those 16 hours again rn tbh
Uraboy 9 Aug @ 8:30am 
Btw, all pnj are dead in the area.... fat guy, fire keeper, iron smith, solar.....
Bandy 9 Aug @ 8:47am 
Originally posted by MiniEngineer:
Don't have a backup save...
So sad, really, that you were unaware of this basic procedure to protect your progress...

...and I don't feel like doing those 16 hours again rn tbh
And that just makes me and others cry... (。>﹏<。)
Originally posted by Uraboy:
Btw, all pnj are dead in the area.... fat guy, fire keeper, iron smith, solar.....
Bruh
Originally posted by Bandy:
So sad, really, that you were unaware of this basic procedure to protect your progress...

Hope somebody will love you someday broski
CBA Aza 10 Aug @ 12:42am 
Originally posted by Bandy:

:steambored:
I have never needed to back up a save to not have my progressed ♥♥♥♥♥♥ up and bro is saying that its a basic procedure. :steammocking:
Hicks 10 Aug @ 2:34am 
i didn't know a hack can do that. Are you sure it was done by the "hacker"?
same thing just happened to me, i was playing normally and when i backstab an enemy cutscene that gwyndolin dies pops, i just got the game a couple of days ago and now i lost the 15 hours i put on it, i made research and smith dead means my run its over, i lost all the interest in the game now, and im not in the mood to do all over again.
Lord Bob 10 Aug @ 3:00am 
Originally posted by Hicks:
i didn't know a hack can do that. Are you sure it was done by the "hacker"?
Unfortunately, hackers have been setting event flags for a while now.
Mr. Oibyr (Banned) 10 Aug @ 3:10am 
I can make almost any build in less than 6 hours, if you want help rebuilding and learning how to backup, you can add me and you'll be invading in Londo in no time, lol.

I have been warned of this and always make a backup anyway. We should be able to name and shame this specific type of cheating as you never get to even see the scrub.
Mr. Oibyr (Banned) 10 Aug @ 3:15am 
Originally posted by Coffee Lover:
same thing just happened to me, i was playing normally and when i backstab an enemy cutscene that gwyndolin dies pops, i just got the game a couple of days ago and now i lost the 15 hours i put on it, i made research and smith dead means my run its over, i lost all the interest in the game now, and im not in the mood to do all over again.
I feel for you and wish I could change your outlook. Any chance you'd take a bunch of items and advice from people? Do any of you know about how to look up the people you play with so you can report the cheating one's?

I'm pretty sure they enter your world before the cheat starts, so you should see them as your last-ish person played with. The more their family accounts are ruined with bans = the more work they have to do to continue ruining the fun for other's because they suck at playing the game properly.
Originally posted by Mr. Oibyr:
I feel for you and wish I could change your outlook. Any chance you'd take a bunch of items and advice from people? Do any of you know about how to look up the people you play with so you can report the cheating one's?

I'm pretty sure they enter your world before the cheat starts, so you should see them as your last-ish person played with. The more their family accounts are ruined with bans = the more work they have to do to continue ruining the fun for other's because they suck at playing the game properly.
Does this mean my guy was probably the grave lorder?
Yeah mood same, such a shame though that it's ur first playthrough. That's just harsh
hey this exact thing happened to me this morning as well...if you shift-tab in-game to bring up the Steam overlay you can see a list of players you recently played with. there was only one person for me in Dark Souls over the past two weeks, a user called: socol-76. was he known as "Dark Spirit Mario Judah"(lol) in-game? we may have been compromised by the same loser...
Last edited by Baby Go Away; 11 Aug @ 8:46pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50