DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

View Stats:
My dumb ass ate two fire keep souls, I'm 44. How screwed am I?
Didn't notice that it hadn't upgrading the first time and ate my second one from the woman in the web after the invisible wall after the queen boss.
Am I mega screwed or I will come across enough of them to make up for it?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Cabbage 14 Jul @ 9:33am 
There are 7 per play through, although you need a firekeeper to upgrade your flask so you have to keep one alive. The most helpful upgrades are the first 3, which each add 100 more hp per heal. You aren't screwed, you'll have to be a little more careful with your heals is all.
The first time I ever played Dark Souls 1 I had no clue what the firekeeper soul did so I never used it. Still beat the game so you're totally fine.
최면 14 Jul @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by Cabbage:
There are 7 per play through, although you need a firekeeper to upgrade your flask so you have to keep one alive. The most helpful upgrades are the first 3, which each add 100 more hp per heal. You aren't screwed, you'll have to be a little more careful with your heals is all.
The fire keeper in the jail was dead when I returned up from Blighttown for some reason, where else can I upgrade my flask next time I get a soul?
Cabbage 14 Jul @ 9:41am 
Originally posted by 최면:
Originally posted by Cabbage:
The fire keeper in the jail was dead when I returned up from Blighttown for some reason, where else can I upgrade my flask next time I get a soul?

The woman in the brass armor at the Anor Londo bonfire. It's after Sen's Fortress.
Last edited by Cabbage; 14 Jul @ 9:41am
Slight spoilers.

Estus maxes at+7. Healing 800 hp.

(default+0 is 300).

There are 4 firekeeper soul pick ups and 3 alive firekeepers.

1 in firelink.

1 is the fair lady behind a illusory wall after spider lady boss.

1 is the Golden armor lady in Anor Londo.

Killing fire keeper also gives you their soul.

But only alive firekeeper can upgrade estus.

So you can have max 6 upgrade on NG.

So if you ate 2 you can get max 4 estus upgrades on NG.

And simply get 3 more firekeeper souls on NG+.

I recommend keeping the firekeeper at the firelink shrine alive and kill the other 2 at the end of the game.

If she is dead then you need to follow a questline in Anor londo and eventually use her soul for a revival.

Anyway the game is doable your estus will heal slightly less.
Judging by your SL, you probably aren't even in Anor Londo yet. Starting a new run instead of going on might be desirable, even though it would undoubtedly be nicer to be able to just continue on

During my first ever run, I'd gotten significantly further in the game (I believe I managed to beat Seath) before starting a new character, but I don't regret it. I'd made stupid mistakes like eating one (but only one) Fire Keeper Soul, making various optimization mistakes (like picking Knight as my class and leveling Resistance up once) and angering Frampt (my friend advised me to jump into his hole because he was sleeping and I was too afraid to attempt to wake him up by attacking him, but then he apparently just ♥♥♥♥♥ off), and I'd built my character as a strength build only to get sick of the weapons I had available to make use of my strength with due to how I'd gotten used to playing

My second character was very successful; currently at SL160 and several NG+ cycles in. Maybe you'll get a success story out of starting anew, too

By the way: you can get a Fire Keeper Soul at the start of the game with very little effort. Take the elevator down to New Londo, rush into the area with the ghosts and pick up an item to the right. It's at the end of a very narrow bridge where more ghosts will spawn; just run past them all. You can also get the one in Undead Parish and Blighttown early on, but if you want the Ring of Favor and Protection early, you'll have to kill Lautrec before getting both of them (and also before ringing both bells) (you can take one without issue)
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50