DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED

View Stats:
How do you kill ornstein with the zweihander
I have done it twice but i cant anymore. He just hits me and instakills me sometimes, zooms around and dodges faster than i can do a swing. There is no alternative weapon. If continue dying i will just not try anymore and start exploit spamming.

EDIT: I finally got both of them i just had to stop trying to avoid ornsteins attacks because i cant and just adsorbed dmg while spamming light attack. Then i spam staggered super smough.
Last edited by Doom Sayer; 14 Jul @ 3:45pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
spy 14 Jul @ 3:46pm 
This boss is a threshold that tests what you have learned so far. Try it 100 times. Believe me, after you try and learn 100 times, other bosses in the game will become easier. Finally learn the pattern of the bosses. If you solve the pattern of each boss, you will kill it without a hit or if you are impatient, do not hesitate to get help or level up by helping people. Get stronger and upgrade at the nearby blacksmith. Upgrade your weapon by 1 or 2 levels will increase your damage.

Tips :

Wait for the opponent's attack. You need to attack when the opponent finishes his attack. Make 1 or 2 attacks and preserve your stamina. Don't be greedy.
Originally posted by spy:
This boss is a threshold that tests what you have learned so far. Try it 100 times. Believe me, after you try and learn 100 times, other bosses in the game will become easier. Finally learn the pattern of the bosses. If you solve the pattern of each boss, you will kill it without a hit or if you are impatient, do not hesitate to get help or level up by helping people. Get stronger and upgrade at the nearby blacksmith. Upgrade your weapon by 1 or 2 levels will increase your damage.

Tips :

Wait for the opponent's attack. You need to attack when the opponent finishes his attack. Make 1 or 2 attacks and preserve your stamina. Don't be greedy.
Thing is beat the game a few days ago on first character with similar build and the fight is still annoying as ♥♥♥♥. I basically had a easy fight on every fight except the bed and these two. The way i actually won against ornstein is I finally stopped trying and spammed. I think when on first character i had much higher level and actually killed him before he could hit me.
Last edited by Doom Sayer; 14 Jul @ 3:48pm
spy 14 Jul @ 3:52pm 
There's solaire of astora on the landing
Bandy 14 Jul @ 8:23pm 
He is a good crash test dummy for that fight...
You hit him with it
Originally posted by Bandy:
He is a good crash test dummy for that fight...
I killed him and used him for bonfire. I ran into him at end of last character so i dont see a loss. (no humanity while in that area)
Last edited by Doom Sayer; 14 Jul @ 9:17pm
If you're using slow weapons, you should have a lot of poise. Poise protects you from staggering. Don't want to be interrupted, you know?
Last edited by Ghoul Hunter; 15 Jul @ 12:10am
Originally posted by Doom Sayer:
He just hits me and instakills me sometimes[...]
Did you underlevel vitality? It's very important if you aren't going to be dodging literally everything

If you increase it to 30, then you should be well out of range of being one-hit killed by all but a few exceptionally strong attacks (like the Dark Wave attack that Manus sometimes casts or the Dark Beads or perhaps crits you might be eating if you allow yourself to be invaded by other players), at least during NG
Originally posted by The destoyer of worlsd!!!:
Originally posted by Doom Sayer:
He just hits me and instakills me sometimes[...]
Did you underlevel vitality? It's very important if you aren't going to be dodging literally everything

If you increase it to 30, then you should be well out of range of being one-hit killed by all but a few exceptionally strong attacks (like the Dark Wave attack that Manus sometimes casts or the Dark Beads or perhaps crits you might be eating if you allow yourself to be invaded by other players), at least during NG
Yes i didnt increase it this run until after the fight. Im not particularly concerned i know how to level fast. I want to have more faith or intelligence this run to experiment more. My reason for new character is I regretted entering new game+ immediately on my old one and i didnt have my gear as maxed out as i wanted and missed painted world and dlc dragon boss.
Last edited by Doom Sayer; 15 Jul @ 1:18am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50