Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
My Last MH Games is MHFU on PSP, World or Rise?
Hi All,

My Last MH Games is MHFU, phew it's long time ago
And i can see Both Rise and World discounted, wanna pickup, but can't decide yet

As a MHFU Player, which one i pick first? will try another in the future ofcourse
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
D. Flame 19 Apr @ 2:45am 
MHW plays like a Monster Hunter game. Rise plays like an arcade game and has Russian Spyware added to it. (Check the January 2024 negative reviews for Rise.) World is older but still has a higher player count as well.
Jereweeb 19 Apr @ 2:51am 
Funny, my last game before World was also MHFU.

World is focused on grounded realism, a bit similar to how MHFU and anything pre-MHGU used to be. The world is beautiful, charming, and most importantly, interactive. It's a gigantic jump from MHFU's relatively empty plain maps. If you loved learning the ecology and behaviors of monsters, then this is a perfect dream come true for you.

Rise is funky, ballistic, and most importantly, anime as heck. It's a huge leap from what MHFU's simplistic combat was like. You jump around like crazy, weapons basically get "skills" that are basically spells now, and the monsters are straight up so funky wacky, they might as well be magic.

Of course, the choice is up to you. If you want to get back in touch with how traditional monster hunter was like just like MHFU, and experience the insanely wonderful graphics of World, then World's your best bet. If you wanna go straight up funky and do some anime slashes and dashes against magic man and jetpack dragons, then Rise is your funkytown.

If you want my personal opinion, go with World. Quality-wise, it's simply too awesome to miss on. You even get Fatalis! Rise would be a good 2nd pick after you had your fill of the classical Monster Hunter experience, and want to amp up the funkiness. :mhwgood:
Cocarum 19 Apr @ 6:53am 
Originally posted by Alex:
Hi All,

My Last MH Games is MHFU, phew it's long time ago
And i can see Both Rise and World discounted, wanna pickup, but can't decide yet

As a MHFU Player, which one i pick first? will try another in the future ofcourse
To me it's better if you play World and then Rise. They are both good but if you like more the old titles then Rise it's your best choice.
D. Flame 19 Apr @ 6:57am 
Originally posted by Cocarum:
if you like more the old titles then Rise it's your best choice.
Just because GU/XX was a compilation game, that doesn't mean that it is representative of those older games.
if you only want to play one of the two, then play World, as it's objectively the better game. but if you want to play both, then start with Rise (+ Sunbreak) and then play World. personally, I had much more fun with Rise than with World, but would recommend both.

what might be worth mentioning is that in World decorations are rng and talismans are craftable and in Rise decorations are craftable but talismans are rng.
Last edited by NOCTURN 浪人; 19 Apr @ 7:30am
World just feels immersive. Interactive, palpable. We can talk mechanics details, but for many the feel of the world and environments is what really makes a great game. Monsters feel like living ferocious beasts. There's insane attention to detail in this game, even in places where most players will never look. Like wildlife aka sleeptoads and such trembling when monster is in the area. Almost no one would ever notice this, but they did it anyway. I think Rise is a good game, but world is a spectacular game.
Last edited by Caramel_Clown; 19 Aug @ 5:23am
World. Used to think they make the game too easy until Rise released. So yeah, World.
World.
It's closer to what monster hunter concept was compared to rise.
Alex 19 Aug @ 9:05am 
Originally posted by D. Flame:
MHW plays like a Monster Hunter game. Rise plays like an arcade game and has Russian Spyware added to it. (Check the January 2024 negative reviews for Rise.) World is older but still has a higher player count as well.
Thanks for respons, appreciate it
Nice explanation

Originally posted by Cocarum:
To me it's better if you play World and then Rise. They are both good but if you like more the old titles then Rise it's your best choice.
I consider to play Both, i like old titles, it's kind of nostalgia.
Mythily 19 Aug @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by D. Flame:
and has Russian Spyware added to it.
Don't spread false information. It's just another DRM
Alex 19 Aug @ 9:21am 
Originally posted by Jereweeb:
Funny, my last game before World was also MHFU.

World is focused on grounded realism, a bit similar to how MHFU and anything pre-MHGU used to be. The world is beautiful, charming, and most importantly, interactive. It's a gigantic jump from MHFU's relatively empty plain maps. If you loved learning the ecology and behaviors of monsters, then this is a perfect dream come true for you.

Rise is funky, ballistic, and most importantly, anime as heck. It's a huge leap from what MHFU's simplistic combat was like. You jump around like crazy, weapons basically get "skills" that are basically spells now, and the monsters are straight up so funky wacky, they might as well be magic.

Of course, the choice is up to you. If you want to get back in touch with how traditional monster hunter was like just like MHFU, and experience the insanely wonderful graphics of World, then World's your best bet. If you wanna go straight up funky and do some anime slashes and dashes against magic man and jetpack dragons, then Rise is your funkytown.

If you want my personal opinion, go with World. Quality-wise, it's simply too awesome to miss on. You even get Fatalis! Rise would be a good 2nd pick after you had your fill of the classical Monster Hunter experience, and want to amp up the funkiness. :mhwgood:
Thanks for detailed explanation, about Fatalis, never beat It on MHFU, i've got some surgery and when i recovered, my friends not play it again, can't manage to beat it lol

I just realize there's no Yan Kutku on both Titles (i miss her so much lol)
At least i search and found out, there's Yan Garuga on World.

Thanks, will finish some games first, after that play MH Series

Originally posted by NOCTURN 浪人:
if you only want to play one of the two, then play World, as it's objectively the better game. but if you want to play both, then start with Rise (+ Sunbreak) and then play World. personally, I had much more fun with Rise than with World, but would recommend both.

what might be worth mentioning is that in World decorations are rng and talismans are craftable and in Rise decorations are craftable but talismans are rng.
Rise First? maybe it considered easier, yeah great for warming up to the next games (World)

Originally posted by Caramel_Clown:
World just feels immersive. Interactive, palpable. We can talk mechanics details, but for many the feel of the world and environments is what really makes a great game. Monsters feel like living ferocious beasts. There's insane attention to detail in this game, even in places where most players will never look. Like wildlife aka sleeptoads and such trembling when monster is in the area. Almost no one would ever notice this, but they did it anyway. I think Rise is a good game, but world is a spectacular game.
Thanks for reply, yeah, i can see people says that World have more details, more immersive. This is great series, too bad we dont have unlimited time, sometimes we have to choose

Originally posted by N.GinWorks:
World. Used to think they make the game too easy until Rise released. So yeah, World.
Yeah, from people says, World seems challenging than Rise

Originally posted by Sleepy Palico:
World.
It's closer to what monster hunter concept was compared to rise.
Thanks bro
Mythily 19 Aug @ 9:34am 
Both games are good. I went with world first because Rise was still getting updates at that time.
Regarding people saying Rise is easier? Yea no that's just some cheap bait. It definitely is not (except village quests but the majority of the game doesn't have them). People who say that have either never played sunbreak or never did any event quests (the endgame) And I mean, yes you get 2 pets and followers (NPC companions) later on, but you have the choice of not using them.
Last edited by Mythily; 19 Aug @ 9:37am
Alex 19 Aug @ 9:45am 
Originally posted by Mythily:
Both games are good. I went with world first because Rise was still getting updates at that time.
Regarding people saying Rise is easier? Yea no that's just some cheap bait. It definitely is not (except village quests but the majority of the game doesn't have them). People who say that have either never played sunbreak or never did any event quests (the endgame) And I mean, yes you get 2 pets and followers (NPC companions) later on, but you have the choice of not using them.
Thanks for reply bro
For me, easier is advantages lol
Art is looks different also

Rise more like Japan Anime Style
Last edited by Alex; 19 Aug @ 9:45am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 19 Apr @ 2:41am