Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
Is multiplayer campaign even possible in this game??
My friend and I redownloaded this game after a couple years and are trying to join the FIRST mission you’re allowed to do online (Kestodon Kurfuffle) and just cannot seem to figure out how. When i try to join via the quest board it says I haven’t completed enough story to join but we’re at the same place?? I read online that for campaign missions, you have to first watch an cutscene then abandon the quest and from there you should be able to join friends, but we both joined the mission and didn’t see any cutscene. My friend completed the entire mission and none appeared. What is going on here? Why is it so difficult to play the campaign with your friends?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Suzaku 3 Jul @ 10:56pm 
Doesn't that quest lead into the introduction of Great Jagras as your first large monster? Pretty sure there's a cutscene where he eats an aptonoth in front of you, which then has the game say on your screen "You may now use the SOS" or something along those lines. Other story quests follow a similar pattern, where you see the cutscene, and the game says you can use SOS.
You have to have at least seen any cutscenes in a mission to be able to coop or fire an sos.
As soon as the cutscene is over others can join your mission from the lobby as well.
You can also just get the cutscene and quit out to have immediate coop from the start of the mission.
I had also a problem with that mission, trying to play with a friend can't remember why exactly. Coop is a mess in this game.
Zelph 3 Jul @ 11:49pm 
Multiplayer progression in world is a solid 1/10. Terrible in every way. Its one of the reasons I never recommend it as a first game.
Popcorn 4 Jul @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by Suzaku:
Doesn't that quest lead into the introduction of Great Jagras as your first large monster? Pretty sure there's a cutscene where he eats an aptonoth in front of you, which then has the game say on your screen "You may now use the SOS" or something along those lines. Other story quests follow a similar pattern, where you see the cutscene, and the game says you can use SOS.
It's because of this.
Reach that one slope, see GJ, then RETURN NOT ABANDON
If you want to progress in multiplayer, what I did, was I load the quest, watch the cutscene, then return from quest, do not abondon quest just return, then join your friend when they start and it will be smooth from them on, ofc you have to do this with every quest it's a bit of a nuisance but not that time consuming, this isn't a problem in monster hunter rise.
Probbably cutscenea
Yes and no, you have to do some parts solo until a certain point and then it unlocks multiplayer for that part.
Bobucles 14 Jul @ 8:49am 
All the scouting elements are forced solo. Multiplayer begins after the cutscene.

There are a few extended expeditions that can be done with friends.
main answer is no wait until credits role for multiplayer ! as its just too much bs with all cutscenes and doing missions for whole group just stomp through the story it dose not take long then enjoy the rest of the game multiplayer! honestly this is my biggest concern with wilds and as soon as i bring it up people jump on e saying dumb things like its not the rise team and out right denying capcom would remove gathering hubs from he game lol! from what i have read wilds is gonna be worse then worlds when it comes to multiplayer !
Originally posted by RobeRonin:
from what i have read wilds is gonna be worse then worlds when it comes to multiplayer !
it's not going to be worse than mhw, it's going to be better. not THAT much better, but the devs have stated that it should be, dont remember what interview it was but its supposed to be atleast a bit smoother to play through the story with friends now
Not so better as having separate solo/multiplayer quests or multiplayer story cutscenes, but whatever i guess
Last edited by ᔑᓭ∴ᔑリ⊣; 14 Jul @ 8:16pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50