Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
Treasure Hunting not worth the time
I'm doing the 100% achievement for this game which is long overdue but jeez the Palico Discovery Channel (taking pictures) and especially the Treasure Hunting are add-ons which are not WORTH sinking your time as if the guiding lands is already a timesink itself.

The treasures you get are pathetic and exchanging via pawswap is not even 100% guarantee.

I hope they remove meh side content such as this in the upcoming MH wilds or give more incentive for people dedicating time to do such menial and mundane task.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
D. Flame 14 Jul @ 1:07am 
Don't like it, then don't do it it. Simple.
Kiyohime 14 Jul @ 3:37am 
devs could do better lol, yeah whatever, im saying the achievements for this game is meh compared to what I have been clearing.
NO wonder the rate of this "achievements" are too low because it is a time waster to most.
Last edited by Kiyohime; 14 Jul @ 3:40am
D. Flame 14 Jul @ 3:41am 
If you want to complain about trophies, then the obvious one is crowns. That is where the true tedium lies.

Honestly, silver crowns should have been enough for the trophies. Leave the gold crowns for the players that just want to brag about their guild cards. I got the plat on the base game, and never even bothered trying for the Iceborne plat because there was no way in hell that I was trying for the crowns again.
DaBa 14 Jul @ 4:00am 
If you think THAT is tedious, have fun hunting for gold crowns and maxing the research levels. Going for 100% completion in a MH game is a BAD idea. And MH World isn't even the biggest offender of this...
Mythily 14 Jul @ 4:34am 
Because of things like this I have a personal milestone for each game to get at least half the achievements, preferably 2/3. That way I can skip the ones that are straight up boring and will lead to burnout.
Originally posted by DaBa:
If you think THAT is tedious, have fun hunting for gold crowns and maxing the research levels.

Maxing research levels is literally just playing the game.

How is that tedious?
DoEFotGS 14 Jul @ 3:06pm 
Photo quest is pretty cool. You can see funny things by doing this and get some room decor for that. It has some mechanical nuances and if you know them - completing of certain quests is much easier, but in general is nice respite between fights.

Same for treasures. It checks you knowledge about locations, in some way. Boaboa riddles is strange, but something like rotten valley stories is quite good. Also, with power of Internet, you can complete all of them in two or three evenings.

As D. Flame said, if you want complain about something - crown hunting is perfect target.
ominumi 14 Jul @ 11:01pm 
Talking about achievements, let's look at Clutch Claw Neophyte. Everyone should have this achievement. Seeing it below 50% just means players don't care at all about achievements.
Mythily 16 Jul @ 1:41pm 
Originally posted by ominumi:
Talking about achievements, let's look at Clutch Claw Neophyte. Everyone should have this achievement. Seeing it below 50% just means players don't care at all about achievements.
Or you know
Players aren't good enough to use it xd
RedViper 16 Jul @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Mythily:
Or you know
Players aren't good enough to use it xd
It's literally just do a single quest…
Kiyohime 17 Jul @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by DoEFotGS:
Photo quest is pretty cool. You can see funny things by doing this and get some room decor for that. It has some mechanical nuances and if you know them - completing of certain quests is much easier, but in general is nice respite between fights.

Same for treasures. It checks you knowledge about locations, in some way. Boaboa riddles is strange, but something like rotten valley stories is quite good. Also, with power of Internet, you can complete all of them in two or three evenings.

As D. Flame said, if you want complain about something - crown hunting is perfect target.

Steamworks was the best mini-game rewards-wise with little timesink.
Regarding crowns funny enough I finished that way earlier than the Treasures for the MH before iceborne, and even so I first finished it than the treasure I was expecting to "breeze" it like the steamworks but nah Devs are masochists for a meh side content.
As of writing I am SO DONE with the treasures.
Kiyohime 17 Jul @ 12:31am 

Proof people doesn't read much what the tutorial says to you or in-game notices given by NPCs lol. If they cant do clutch claw how much more for treasure hunt and crowns but going back. Treasure for me is still a BIG time waste on a game designed to waste your time. Dont get me wrong I enjoy MH but as you get older you have other priorities and sinking too many hours on one game with a not so top tier story is somehow time wasting.
Just four more achievements and I'll be in the waiting list for MH wilds and I swear its my last MH if it will be more than 500 hours again to 100%
There's one prerequisite most people won't meet. You need IB DLC to get this achievement
Jamma003 17 Jul @ 11:36am 
Catching all the endemic life, completing the photo album, and the treasure hunt achievements are honestly the hardest to do (I know catching all endemic life isnt an achievement, but it is the rarest guild card background). Crowns you can at least make progress on by playing the core game loop. Those 3 are a distraction at best and a chore at worst.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50