Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
Investigation limit and how to get the monster I want ?
Is there a limit to available investigations ? should I delete the ones that I have no use for in order to avoid hitting a limit ? And how do I unlock investigations that target a certain monster ?
Originally posted by ominumi:
The limit is 400 distinct investigation. It's rather high. You should keep the ones with good boxes. Lots of gold boxes or have many silver boxes. To get a specific monster investigation, just hunt that particular monster. Breaking parts, gathering tracks, completing the hunt will have a chance at getting an investigation for that monster.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
ominumi 14 Jul @ 10:53pm 
The limit is 400 distinct investigation. It's rather high. You should keep the ones with good boxes. Lots of gold boxes or have many silver boxes. To get a specific monster investigation, just hunt that particular monster. Breaking parts, gathering tracks, completing the hunt will have a chance at getting an investigation for that monster.
Anoyun? 14 Jul @ 11:52pm 
for the monster you want too bad its rng.
Thanks, and oof that's hurts, I guess I'll simply hunt them on my own in an expedition
Oh and on the topic of monsters that I want, are all of the possible monsters in an areas not guaranteed to spawn during expeditions ?
Originally posted by Cyber Von Cyberus:
Oh and on the topic of monsters that I want, are all of the possible monsters in an areas not guaranteed to spawn during expeditions ?
Expeditions basically randomly pick different 3 monsters that can spawn in an area at your current progression and will cycle them out 1 by 1 about every 15 mins or so.
You can change the monsters quickly by moving between 2 expeditions till what you want spawns.
Thanks, and oof that's hurts, I guess I'll simply hunt them on my own in an expedition
In my experience i get investigations just by picking up their tracks, so when im walking around to get to my hunt i'll pick up every track i can and that often gets me quite a lot of investigations
Bobucles 15 Jul @ 9:27am 
You can pick up to 75 playable investigations, and have storage for up to 400 total. Events tend to be superior and more reliable, investigations are mostly for offline play.
its tracks tracks and signs of turf wars etc will give you more info on a monster until its maxed then picking up more will jsut give you investigations ! now in the guiding lands and on expedition just keep a eye out for the monster you want then go follow it around collecting all the tracks! i let my list fill up until maxed and then purge the quests i dont want!
Rat 16 Jul @ 10:42pm 
Is there a limit to available investigations ? should I delete the ones that I have no use for in order to avoid hitting a limit ? And how do I unlock investigations that target a certain monster ?
as you play through, you'll get specific assignments for specific monsters; they will unlock optional quests which, funnily enough, every single monster is available through those, except maybe the end-game ones; which have rotating events every fortnight for them instead. (alatraon has a rotating daily quest)

So; don't worry about investigations too much unless it's for a specific bounty or something.
The gold and purple boxes in investigations are the only ones worth considering; but if you want to farm a specific boss later, there is always a repeatable quest that will have one in there somewhere.
ah, forgot to respond to this. eat for 'felyne researcher' if you can. it increases the rate that you get investigations each time you pick up tracks.

research the cat food skills, most ppl dont do that, the cats can do anything man, from increasing your research points, to stopping you from getting knocked on your butt.
Omnicide 17 Jul @ 9:34pm 
It took me til master rank before I finally committed to really learning the canteen, the ui still makes me a bit crosseyed.

The giant influx of vouchers I didn't earn from the steamworks made it worth looking into. It's got some really strong options.

You can get vouchers with the poogie too, drop it by the handler in Astera or on the left inside the canteen in Seliana. I get em pretty often, maybe 1/3 of the time or so.
nice advice, I'll keep it in mind
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50