Monster Hunter: World

Monster Hunter: World

View Stats:
You can carry 2 weps in Wilds... What is your combo?
Very nice we can bring 2 weapons into the hunt at once, as someone who plays every wep but the hunting horn. The combo's here could be very powerful. Bow/Hammer comes to mind as you could stun with hammer to break horns and use dragon pierce on bow to cut tails.

Plus the new weapon reworks are looking really fun, curious to see what weps others are thinking to combo together?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 77 comments
2 Greatswords, whats better than one, two.
Call me Radahn

Jokes aside i'll carry SA and maybe the Lance. Might start using the GS with Lance instead not sure yet.
Last edited by Guest In Disguise; 17 Aug @ 12:51pm
I'd say two hammers but someone beat me to the joke and made it even better.

Considering I'm half expecting for things to only be a weapon swap and not gear my only real option to still be valid when i swap is GS or a bowgun.....probably a bowgun to make use of it for shooting things when im on the move.
Omnicide 17 Aug @ 1:07pm 
I dunno if I like that. The obvious answer is gonna be to bring a ranged weapon to go with your melee. Then the gameplay is gonna be designed around that potential.
Probably that one weirdo that brings a lance and a gunlance since both can benefit from the same armor skills.

I'm not sure how the weapon swap will compensate for armor skills, so for now all I can think to do is have an offhand weapon that you'll only use for a little bit and your main weapon that you built for.
Last edited by Wolfenstin; 17 Aug @ 2:08pm
Originally posted by Wolfenstin:
Probably that one weirdo that brings a lance and a gunlance since both can benefit from the same armor skills.

I'm not sure how the weapon swap will compensate for armor skills, so for now all I can think to do is have an offhand weapon they you'll only use for a little bit and your main weapon that you built for.

Whats better than one lance but also one with a gun on it :P
Notter 17 Aug @ 3:10pm 
I don't really get the point of being able to bring two weapons. I never felt like i wanna switch my weapon during a hunt in MHW.
AT BEST I could see it as a method to switch ailments during a fight without forcasting to camp, and for that, i would bring two of the same type of weapon.

I don't really care to learn how to get good with two different weapons, i like to stick to one.
Originally posted by Notter:
I don't really get the point of being able to bring two weapons. I never felt like i wanna switch my weapon during a hunt in MHW.
AT BEST I could see it as a method to switch ailments during a fight without forcasting to camp, and for that, i would bring two of the same type of weapon.

I don't really care to learn how to get good with two different weapons, i like to stick to one.

I think the entire reason is for some people want to be completly solo no help what so ever, it is to give them option to do stuff they normally can't do with only 1 weapon.

Like hammer Bro can't cut tails or a GS is too slow for certain monsters or Bow fights something that will do a deflect counter attack on them.

It will give them options without needing others to come do it for them or help them.
ashhhh2 17 Aug @ 3:15pm 
any type of cutting weapon to cut tail then switch to hammer for the rest of the fight
Last edited by ashhhh2; 17 Aug @ 3:15pm
Vallard 17 Aug @ 4:10pm 
I'm a glaive main but I'll probably carry a bow or HBG through the story as a backup for any annoying fights. I like using the HBG/Bow when learning fight patterns since the range gives you a better view of tells and hitboxes. This also means I can go back to glaive when I run out of coatings or special ammo and can take a break from melee to dump all of said ammo/HBG special move.

Late/end game I'm probably going to carry a hammer for breaking horns and stuns. Depends on skill availability and set bonuses though.
Omnicide 17 Aug @ 4:13pm 
Actually IG or HH for buffs are going to be everyone's secondary aren't they?
You can carry two weapons at once!?

I'm definitely thinking a gun will be one of them along with a melee weapon like a longsword or gunlance.
Bobucles 17 Aug @ 5:01pm 

It will give more control over status ailments. Hitting a monster with paralysis first thing in a hunt isn't very useful, but after it gets mad every status ailment is a godsend.

I think the big thing is that every weapon is no longer required to fulfill every role. A weapon can be good for one phase and bad for another phase, and you switch between them as needed. Two major phases is going to be a recurring theme in the game, so you get 2 weapons to handle it.

On the more wacky end, why not a bowgun that only shoots recovery, buff and status ammo? It opens up the opportunity for some wild things.
Last edited by Bobucles; 17 Aug @ 5:04pm
With my main being switchaxe since MH3U probably either SA + LBG/HBG for some range or SA + Hammer/HH for some KO damage or KO damage and buffs.
Vallard 17 Aug @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Bobucles:

It will give more control over status ailments. Hitting a monster with paralysis first thing in a hunt isn't very useful, but after it gets mad every status ailment is a godsend.

I think the big thing is that every weapon is no longer required to fulfill every role. A weapon can be good for one phase and bad for another phase, and you switch between them as needed.

On the more wacky end, why not a bowgun that only shoots recovery, buff and status ammo? It opens up the opportunity for some wild things.
Also for us solo players to get extra carves/breaks. Breaking horns an an IG main is a pain just running away while my derpy little idiot head bonks a diablos for 10 minutes is not exactly fun. Having a hammer in my pocket for horn breaks would be nice and doesn't require all that much extra effort to make/learn. I imagine hammer mains are probably eyeing greatsword or IG for tail cuts.
John 17 Aug @ 5:59pm 
Probably LBG + GS. LBG to use status ammo. GS to fight with.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 77 comments
Per page: 1530 50