Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds

View Stats:
Loreley 2 Aug, 2019 @ 5:01pm
Which route did you enjoy the most and why?
I'm about to finish the game. Just three more guys left. So I wonder: Which character's route did you enjoy the most and why? (please write in spoiler why if it includes spoiler) :8bitheart: I'm very interested in your experiences/opinion!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
bookwyrm323 4 Aug, 2019 @ 5:14pm 
I'm not close to being finished, but so far I've enjoyed Heisuke's the most. Maybe it has to do with how open and honest he is (or he's adorable, I dunno ^_^). Maybe because (spoiler?) he lets you know how he feels. I've found the other paths I've played so far (Hijikata, Saito, Okita) harder to tell if they feel the same way as the protagonist. It seems ambiguous to me. But that doesn't mean I've enjoyed the game any less! ^_^ Such good writing and interesting characters! I love it! :-D
sotaponi 27 Nov, 2019 @ 7:15pm 
I don't know whether I am biased because he's literally the first of the Shinsengumi you encounter in the game, coming to your aid at the beginning... but it's easily Okita for me. I overall liked his sense of duty, although a bit too stubborn sometimes, seen in his unwillingness to step down even in face of his disease. And I generally also liked his occasional teasing. AND he has brown hair with green eyes. Which I find to be incredibly cute. Especially when you get him to blush. (My heart was also broken when I got to see the bad ending in which he really seemed to hate your guts... But he's really not a bad person.)
Last edited by sotaponi; 27 Nov, 2019 @ 7:36pm
As for me the route I liked the most so far (only played Sannan, Yamazaki and Saito) is the one of Yamazaki. In my opinion you could definitely feel the shared emotions between Chizuru (Me *chuckle*) and him. He was especially cute in the last scene.
Myth 21 Jul, 2020 @ 6:41am 
I've actually only played Okita's Route so far and i actively aimed for him as well cuz i could just "smell" the savage in him and some other aspects as well but i'm not gonna write spoilers even if i could cover em up , just feels wrong to me .

and as someone above me also said :

his looks were also a great selling point ( even if i dont think there is a single unattractive guy in Hakuoki like not even Inoue or Shimada look bad)

So, until i've dwelved deeper into the story i will say Okita is it for me

Personality-wise i think that Yamazaki and Harada will also make a good fit but who knows

Expect an Update from me about it :p
Last edited by Myth; 21 Jul, 2020 @ 6:41am
hijitoshi 25 Aug, 2020 @ 6:53pm 
Hijikata, without a doubt.

I won't write you a novel on the reasons why, but suffice to say that I think he is:

a) unquestionably the cutest guy
2) the most compassionate of the guys
c) his route is the hardest one to get on but has the most payoff in Edo Blossoms
d) even his bad endings are revealing of the depth and breadth of his character
5) he's the most attractive of all of the guys - great hair, beautiful eyes, luminous skin ...
f) his seiyuu is so damn skilled; it's not like toriumi and morishow aren't, but shun-ichiro really brings something special to the performance, great at being ridiculous as well as serious
7) WE'RE BETTER WARRIORS THAN ANY OF THOSE BASTARDS
8) the person he was inspired by is one of the absolute coolest cats in the bakumatsu era
Lari 🐇 13 Feb, 2021 @ 1:47pm 
Okita all the way
mserikaoh 3 Sep, 2021 @ 8:30am 
Okita! My 2nd favorite! ! If you're a fan of angst, this is the WAY.
Iba is my most favorite, great storyline imo, handsome face, A++ Voice Actor (Light from Death Note).
Sano is great as well! Did not think he'd be that type of person out of all of them to give so much freedom to the protagonist to express herself without holding back. It's amazing, really.
Last edited by mserikaoh; 3 Sep, 2021 @ 8:32am
hellcat 8 Aug, 2023 @ 2:05pm 
After the end of Saito's route, I knew that nothing better would happen to me in this game. There was simply no chance. His calm, distant character, his attitude and ideals, this slowly developing relationship full of sweetness. He is perfect dwgvsbnfsn
magi_nagi 2 Nov, 2023 @ 8:16am 
I did Saito, Okita and Sanan so far and I'm taking a break - but I'll be back :D

From those three Sanan was my favourite guy looks and personality wise but his route was a bit meh... still he was the only one that moved me (the scene where he suddenly moved close to the protagonist had my heart beating because of how unexpected it was for this game). Okita was very solid and his path was very interesting, but his personality is just not my cup of tea. Saito was cute, he was my favourite to start with but his route was good but maybe a bit generic. I liked them all, I just wished they showed more interest in the protagonist... maybe it's a cultural thing but I just didn't feel they were THAT into her. Actually, it probably is a cultural thing because I find a lot of western romance from that time period to be a bit dry.
Loreley 2 Nov, 2023 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by magi_nagi:
I did Saito, Okita and Sanan so far and I'm taking a break - but I'll be back :D

From those three Sanan was my favourite guy looks and personality wise but his route was a bit meh... still he was the only one that moved me (the scene where he suddenly moved close to the protagonist had my heart beating because of how unexpected it was for this game). Okita was very solid and his path was very interesting, but his personality is just not my cup of tea. Saito was cute, he was my favourite to start with but his route was good but maybe a bit generic. I liked them all, I just wished they showed more interest in the protagonist... maybe it's a cultural thing but I just didn't feel they were THAT into her. Actually, it probably is a cultural thing because I find a lot of western romance from that time period to be a bit dry.

Nice! I recommend you to play "Edo blossoms" when you finish all the routes you're interested to play in Kyoto Winds. Edo Blossoms is the continuation and where love/romantic route actually comes into play in the novel :p_heart:
magi_nagi 3 Nov, 2023 @ 12:35pm 
Originally posted by Murasaki Shikibu:
Nice! I recommend you to play "Edo blossoms" when you finish all the routes you're interested to play in Kyoto Winds. Edo Blossoms is the continuation and where love/romantic route actually comes into play in the novel :p_heart:

I was wondering if it's any better in Edo Blossoms but if that's the case then I'll definitely play it too once I'm done with Kyoto Winds :D I just love historical fiction, I wish there were more games like that! (with more fleshed out romance)
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50