while True: learn()

while True: learn()

View Stats:
Any reason to use DLL's?
Seems like a relatively useless feature.

If I have a solution to a specific problem that I need to reuse for another one (never had that happen so far) then I guess it saves time, but that's pretty much the only use I've found for them thus far.

My guess is it makes sense in actual game development, but when translated into gameplay it ends up sucking and blowing.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Nibbie 6 Apr @ 2:32pm 
How far in are you? Because I used them a lot as I got later in the game, mainly for things that lots of levels need over and over, like simple color or shape sorts.
Originally posted by Eqqsquizitine Buble-Schwinslow:
Seems like a relatively useless feature.

If I have a solution to a specific problem that I need to reuse for another one (never had that happen so far) then I guess it saves time, but that's pretty much the only use I've found for them thus far.

My guess is it makes sense in actual game development, but when translated into gameplay it ends up sucking and blowing.
You can use DLL's to exploit startups and gain thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars. They used to be useful in normal solutions (made the solution run faster), but one of the last updates broke them and made them useless.

They're quite helpful if you're learning how to play but beyond that they are not very helpful.
bUrnIt 31 Jul @ 4:01am 
New here. (couple days of gameplay)
From my experience and perceptive, at first: DLL Looks like a sandbox for learning and making sure your algorithm output is correct. because I have no Idea how to use them, seems like it's just a template/sandbox to learn with.
There's no Inject of DLL, reference to it, or dragging it.
Last edited by bUrnIt; 31 Jul @ 4:03am
GospodinNoob  [developer] 1 Aug @ 1:27am 
Originally posted by bUrnIt:
New here. (couple days of gameplay)
From my experience and perceptive, at first: DLL Looks like a sandbox for learning and making sure your algorithm output is correct. because I have no Idea how to use them, seems like it's just a template/sandbox to learn with.
There's no Inject of DLL, reference to it, or dragging it.
You can add DLLs to quest the same way you are adding Custom nodes. There is a third tab
bUrnIt 7 Aug @ 2:13am 

I'm a amateur games dev and usually get along fine in games, but your DLL mechanics are very flawed and I can't even figure out how to use them on my own..
While having already 4 startups. mid game.

What 3rd tab.. ??
do you mean where we can click EDITOR, but I saved 1 already.
It's not showing OUT of DLL editor ! it shows saved DLL in the 3rd tab of the DLL EDITOR mode. I can't drag it anywhere else that the DLL editor...
Once back to Quest Solution, the 3rd TAb shows EDITOR button..
I'm going mad, it's flawed...
how do I ADD or use or inject a DLL to be used in a solution and run it ?????

I'm sorry but this is very confusing and not very well made, if programmers can't even figure out your mechanics implementation, in a sort of programming logic game.. it's weird.

Just saying this, so you can improve the accessibility for the DLLs.
Last edited by bUrnIt; 7 Aug @ 3:45am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50