The Crew 2

The Crew 2

View Stats:
Steam Deck?
Has Anyone tried or got The Crew 2 to work on Steam Deck?
I heard this game uses an Anti-Cheat. Try installing the "Proton Battleye Runtime" and "Proton EasyAntiCheat Runtime" they are in your Steam Library and can be found by Search on the top left. Installing those two then does it work? because i plan to buy this for Steam Deck
Originally posted by Leonardo996:
Originally posted by я какал и плакал:
Originally posted by Creeper of Doom:
I was hoping someone could test and see if it works on Steam Deck. I stated that installing the Proton Battleye Runtime on the Steam Deck’s SSD may allow it work, just waiting for confirmation…
any news?
Just tested it, does not work, black screen even using experimental and installing battleye runtime
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
did you get it figured out? I'm still trying to see if it'll run on the SD
Originally posted by IxDarkmistxI:
did you get it figured out? I'm still trying to see if it'll run on the SD
I did state try Installing the Proton Battleye Runtime and Proton EasyAntiCheat Runtime onto the Internal Storage (Those can be found in the Steam Library search on the top left) I heard it uses an Anti Cheat so im cautious if it works on Steam Deck or not

Just want someone to try that and see if The Crew 2 works on Steam Deck that way. I don’t have it (yet) so i can’t confirm it myself
Last edited by Creeper of Doom; 15 Aug @ 7:44pm
CyrisTM 2 Sep @ 3:39am 
Battleye is the reason it doesn't work, ubisoft dont care to enable it for Linux.

Their newest game that you can rent is the same restriction which basically proves they want nothing to do with SD/Linux
Originally posted by CyrisTM:
Battleye is the reason it doesn't work, ubisoft dont care to enable it for Linux.

Their newest game that you can rent is the same restriction which basically proves they want nothing to do with SD/Linux
I was hoping someone could test and see if it works on Steam Deck. I stated that installing the Proton Battleye Runtime on the Steam Deck’s SSD may allow it work, just waiting for confirmation…
Originally posted by CyrisTM:

any news?
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Leonardo996 10 Sep @ 10:23am 
any news?
Just tested it, does not work, black screen even using experimental and installing battleye runtime
Valsept 10 Sep @ 10:31am 
any news?

Thank you for the time saved bro, SD FTW
any news?
Interesting... Probably an issue with Proton and because its marked as Unsupported it wont be fixed up.
Installing the Proton EAC and Battleye Runtimes allowed some Unsupported games due to Anti-Cheats to work just fine. Dunno if trying to run it with the Community Made GE-Proton will work or not.
Last edited by Creeper of Doom; 10 Sep @ 11:05am
yeah i cant login in ubistore because keyboard dosnt show up , so....
Gotta Press Steam + X to pull it up, Doesn’t do that automatically for some reason…
Rodrigo F. 10 Sep @ 11:52am 
According to ProtonDB, it doesn't work on SteamOS (linux)
But it works fine on Steam Deck with Win.

Maybe with some update of an offline mode, the game will work on SteamOS
Originally posted by Rodrigo F.:
According to ProtonDB, it doesn't work on SteamOS (linux)
But it works fine on Steam Deck with Win.

Maybe with some update of an offline mode, the game will work on SteamOS
Installing Windows on Steam Deck is not worth it, And for this one title? Ubisoft doesn't really care about Steam Deck so i reckon the Offline Patch may not help matters there (Unless thats false and Ubisoft does care about Steam Deck)
Last edited by Creeper of Doom; 10 Sep @ 12:54pm
Gotta Press Steam + X to pull it up, Doesn’t do that automatically for some reason…
I know , i pressed those buttons, but nothing happened
They almost had my $1.50 AUD there for a second. Then I saw Proton status as BORKED. Hah, nice try Ubisoft. Pass.
Its a shame because it looks a half decent game from Ivory Tower. Nothing against them, I see how it is when having to comply with Ubishaft.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 27 Jul @ 2:34pm