ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : MARS / ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS : MARS

ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : MARS / ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS : MARS

View Stats:
LichDream 27 Jul, 2019 @ 3:57am
Tips for troubleshooting sound issues
I've just spent several hours trying to get this to work, and thought I'd chime in since I finally fixed it and went through seemingly all the hurdles on the way. Hope this will help someone.

Summarized, the game is EXTREMELY picky with your audio setup.

First I didn't get any sound whatsoever. Tried the solutions posted here already, like restarting, disabling all other sound devices, enabling windows audio enhancements, etc. Nothing worked. (These seemingly worked for some other people on here though, so worth a try.)

Then I started testing different headsets. The one I use normally is USB, and that just does not work in any way in this game for me. Then I tried one that uses the audio jack, and plugged it into the front panel of my PC. That works fine in Windows, but results is no sound in ZOE2. Next I tried a bluetooth headset, via a USB dongle. That miraculously worked! Unfortunately, the sound was extremely crackly.

According to posts on here, you need to have sufficient audio quality for the crackling to disappear. But as I soon discovered, my bluetooth headset has a locked quality, so it seemed I was out of luck. That's when I tried my audio jack headset again, but this time on the motherboard audio jack (behind the PC) instead of the front panel one. THAT for some reason worked.

It was also crackly in-game, so I maxed the audio quality in the sound settings... To my great consternation, it was still crackly. After a lot of trial and error, I finally figured out that the game doesn't just want the quality to be sufficient, it needs to be "just right". That is, not too high, not too low. "24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)" is what worked for me. Clear audio with no apparent crackling.

Note that this is all without any VR systems plugged into my PC, on Windows 10.
Kinda ridiculous in this day and age to have to jump through this many hoops to get a game to work, I'm quite disappointed in Konami's efforts.

---

So, in short:
If you're experiencing audio problems in this game, try plugging a headset or speaker into the audio jack on the motherboard (backside of the PC) and set the quality to exactly 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) in the sound settings for your device.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
BindNation 12 Jun, 2021 @ 9:56pm 
Thanks for posting this!
El_Deco 25 Jun, 2021 @ 11:32am 
I have a Sony sony wh-1000xm2 . Because it's bluetooth, windows won't enable anything other than 16bit 44khz. One may argue that it's low, but I'm perfectly fine with it. Now... I'm not going to go wired, or get different headphones, because a lazy port won't work with a device that works with literally all other games in my library. I'm getting myself a refund, lol. Konami may keep their game, and I'll keep my money.
Kröte 1 Oct, 2021 @ 2:04pm 
Thank you!
LoupDuJour 17 Aug, 2023 @ 8:52pm 
Absolute gigachad, this was the fix for me as well. Thank you
ayyemtee 26 Dec, 2023 @ 11:25am 
also if you use steel series gg make sure to put it to the main audio device and not through sonar for this game as sonar ignores changes
Thank you!!!
Exoset 25 Aug @ 9:30am 
Originally posted by ayyemtee:
also if you use steel series gg make sure to put it to the main audio device and not through sonar for this game as sonar ignores changes
Thank you so much, I just got a Steel Series headset and wanted to test it with ZoE 2, and after launching the game 20 times or so, I was ready to return it because I thought the headset was faulty.
I don't think I'll ever be able to stomach that "Since the dawn of History" line from Nohman again
Last edited by Exoset; 25 Aug @ 9:31am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50