Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

View Stats:
Wait, did they just paywall achievements/perfect game behind a DLC?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 149 comments
󠀡󠀡 11 Jun @ 10:40am 
Wait, people actually care for achievements?
Dhaos 11 Jun @ 11:34am 
They sure did.
Waifu4Life 11 Jun @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by Dhaos:
They sure did.

Wonder if that's against Steam's guidelines?
Mr_Purple 11 Jun @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by Waifu4Life:
Originally posted by Dhaos:
They sure did.

Wonder if that's against Steam's guidelines?
No, it's not. For example, PAYDAY developers fed themselves for a DECADE by paywalling achievements behind DLC drops. Still, they did us dirty, considering that no other Extra mode has achievements behind them.
Last edited by Mr_Purple; 11 Jun @ 11:47am
reorse 11 Jun @ 11:53am 
you mean like every single game that has dlc?
i though this was going to be free
Waifu4Life 11 Jun @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by reorse:
you mean like every single game that has dlc?

For Free DLC, no problem, paid DLC is something else.

Originally posted by The Rizzler:
i though this was going to be free

Nope, that was not part of the Kickstarter

Originally posted by Mr_Purple:
No, it's not. For example, PAYDAY developers fed themselves for a DECADE by paywalling achievements behind DLC drops. Still, they did us dirty, considering that no other Extra mode has achievements behind them.

Maybe they just got away with it? I don't know, sounds like bait & switch to me.
Last edited by Waifu4Life; 11 Jun @ 11:57am
djwyman19 11 Jun @ 12:40pm 
This was one of my 2 perfect games now I am back down to 1 this makes me a little sad. I plan to get the DLC but it stinks that if you had 100%ed this game you loose it until you buy and complete this DLC.
Waifu4Life 11 Jun @ 12:43pm 
Originally posted by djwyman19:
This was one of my 2 perfect games now I am back down to 1 this makes me a little sad. I plan to get the DLC but it stinks that if you had 100%ed this game you loose it until you buy and complete this DLC.

I wrote to Steam 30 minutes ago, we'll see where this leads. I was also planning to buy the DLC, but I don't think it's fair for the ones who do not/ or cannot buy it.
Muflon 11 Jun @ 12:47pm 
It sucks but it is what it is, lots of games adds achievements with dlc, unfortunately steam is not gonna do anything for you, they don't care at all about achievements lol
Mr_Purple 11 Jun @ 12:48pm 

I wrote to Steam 30 minutes ago, we'll see where this leads. I was also planning to buy the DLC, but I don't think it's fair for the ones who do not/ or cannot buy it.
You'd be disappointed because this is perfectly normal. Steam will simply close your ticket.
Taiga 11 Jun @ 12:51pm 

Don't waste a steam employee time with dumb questions.
Last edited by Taiga; 11 Jun @ 12:51pm
SCIM 11 Jun @ 12:54pm 
Achievements being locked behind paid DLC has been a thing ever since Achievements and DLC have existed. Is this the first game you've ever bought or something? The first example I can think of for this would be Oblivion and Shivering Isles back in 2007.
reorse 11 Jun @ 1:04pm 
calls people corporate ass-lickers yet has an avatar of a game thats an actual scam
< >
Showing 1-15 of 149 comments
Per page: 1530 50