Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

View Stats:
PS4 controller not working now (it used to work)
I used to play this game with my PS4 controller, now after the update I can't play with the same controller (it still work with other games). I don't remember if I have done anything for it to work, or it just works.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
DS4Windows works fine for me.
Make sure that PlayStation Controller Support is enable by going to Steam settings and Controller tab. And also it could be that only for Bloodstained is disable: so go to your Steam library, right click on Bloodstained RotN, Properties, Controller tab and on Override for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night check if is Enable or Use Default Settings (if you enabled PlayStation Controller Support in Steam settings).
Last edited by Kaed✩Wolf; 5 Jul @ 3:35pm
in your library: Right Click the Game > Properties > Controller > Enable steam input

I've yet to encounter a game that isn't fixed this way. When all else fails, DS4Windows and DualSenseX always work. Hope this helps!
Last edited by Veruca, STAR-Unit Replika; 11 Jul @ 4:08pm
DS4W and any other controller handling software should be disabled, or you should blacklist steam and its games so it doesn't try to wrest control of the controller away from Steam's input capabilities. Steam Input works with this game, and the DS4 button prompt mod also gives you the correct button pictures instead of the XBox defaults that Steam uses when in Steam Input mode with DirectInput (e.g. DS4/DualSense) controllers.

I will say this again for those in the cheap seats: Having any other controller software active while Steam is running will cause both the controller wrapper and Steam's wrapper(s) to vie for control of the controller and you'll have a nightmare scenario. Valve did a good job of at least giving DirectInput controllers an option for games that normally only support XInput.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50