World War Z

World War Z

View Stats:
Darkest 9 Jan @ 11:14am
Steam Deck Crashing
I used to play it fine on old lcd sd but now i have the oled and the game crashes my sd on the amd logo. I have to force shut down the deck because nothing works after the freeze. I am on stable channel and i tried re-downloading it and verify integrity but keep crashing my entire deck. Anyone having this?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 114 comments
Saber Help  [developer] 10 Jan @ 3:39am 
Hello! We are aware of problems with the Steam Deck version of the game and currently, our team is investigating all reports. We are really sorry for any inconvenience this problem may have caused you.
Darkest 18 Jan @ 8:45pm 
Originally posted by Saber Help:
Hello! We are aware of problems with the Steam Deck version of the game and currently, our team is investigating all reports. We are really sorry for any inconvenience this problem may have caused you.
Is working fine now thank you.
Shonksta 18 Jan @ 8:56pm 
Having tried pretty much everything suggested I still can not get past the seizure warning screen. Locks my entire steam deck oled up and I am forced to restart the system.
Darkest 18 Jan @ 9:44pm 
Originally posted by Shonksta:
Having tried pretty much everything suggested I still can not get past the seizure warning screen. Locks my entire steam deck oled up and I am forced to restart the system.
For me that happened once but after that all good but kinda feels like is dragging to run correctly.
Saber Help  [developer] 19 Jan @ 4:06am 
Originally posted by Darkest:
We introduced no fixes on our end, FYI.
hajo.b 29 Jan @ 5:19pm 
Originally posted by Darkest:
We introduced no fixes on our end, FYI.
When do you gonna fix it or is there a option to run it ? It keeps on crashing on the steam deck
I tried on LCD , now I tried it on OLED on other SSD, and crash again. WWZ don’t work now( it’s very sad,I played many time in this game. Please ! Do something with this CRASH problem
borsdy 30 Jan @ 3:42pm 
im scared to finally open this game with my oled :gamepad:
hope theyre working on fixing people's seemingly unique problems here
Saber Help  [developer] 30 Jan @ 11:35pm 
Hello! We need more details from you. Please, let us know the following:
  • Do you have the Compatibility Mode switched on or off (right-click on the game and choose Properties and then Local Files, then Browse)?
  • Let us know how the in-game Graphics Settings are set on your end; also let us know the resolution format (if the game launches at all).
  • Let us know the resolution Settings you have before the game's launch (Properties, General, Resolution).
  • Do you launch the game from the launcher or the desktop (try using both methods)?
  • Let us know the software version you have on your Steam Deck now.
  • If you launch the game and then it crashes during the loading to the level, let us know your KSIVA code: https://support.saber.games/hc/en-us/articles/4418997754385-How-to-Report-an-Issue.
These details are crucial as we are unable to investigate your report without them. Thank you for your understanding - we need the details for the reproduction & the fix.
hajo.b 31 Jan @ 3:01am 
  • Do you have the Compatibility Mode switched on or off (right-click on the game and choose Properties and then Local Files, then Browse)?
  • Let us know how the in-game Graphics Settings are set on your end; also let us know the resolution format (if the game launches at all).
  • Let us know the resolution Settings you have before the game's launch (Properties, General, Resolution).
  • Do you launch the game from the launcher or the desktop (try using both methods)?
  • If you launch the game and then it crashes during the loading to the level, let us know your KSIVA code: https://support.saber.games/hc/en-us/articles/4418997754385-How-to-Report-an-Issue.
These details are crucial as we are unable to investigate your report without them. Thank you for your understanding - we need the details for the reproduction & the fix.

It opens in steam deck. But the moment i want to play a game it keeps on crashing. I just use the normale launcher. Why is the game verifiëd? If is doenst work than maby change the game to u supported?
Saber Help  [developer] 1 Feb @ 4:50am 
Originally posted by hajo.b:

It opens in steam deck. But the moment i want to play a game it keeps on crashing. I just use the normale launcher. Why is the game verifiëd? If is doenst work than maby change the game to u supported?
In this case, please, uninstall the game and then reinstall it. This should fix the problem, we have confirmed this on our end. Thank you for your understanding!
hajo.b 2 Feb @ 5:29am 
Originally posted by hajo.b:

In this case, please, uninstall the game and then reinstall it. This should fix the problem, we have confirmed this on our end. Thank you for your understanding!

I uninstalled the game and reinstall it. It is still crashing.
Has never worked since I bought it before Christmas, tried the uninstall/reinstall option and it didn’t make any difference. Game launches but locks up as soon as the ‘level loading’ screen comes up.
Originally posted by Behind The Geek:
Has never worked since I bought it before Christmas, tried the uninstall/reinstall option and it didn’t make any difference. Game launches but locks up as soon as the ‘level loading’ screen comes up.
I have The same problem...
hajo.b 5 Feb @ 3:24am 
It is still crashing
< >
Showing 1-15 of 114 comments
Per page: 1530 50