The Iron Oath

The Iron Oath

View Stats:
Console commands?
Is there a somewhat complete list of available commands, trait names and so on?

Originally posted by sennin:
[...]
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Curious Panda Games\The Iron Oath

1) Open the Options.json file, and change DebugEnabled to True instead of False.
2) Then boot up the game and load your save, and press ~ to access the console
3) And enter this: GivePerkPoint 2

That will give you the two points you lost. You'll probably want to go and set DebugEnabled back to False when you're done, as there are some debug hotkeys that you might accidently press (like you could potentially press Z and kill your own unit lol).
Last edited by r47926; 6 Jun @ 1:58pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
sennin  [developer] 6 Jun @ 12:05pm 
Here are the most useful commands:

addPlayer [0-n] or [nameOfClass] : add units to your guild. If by amount then it adds a random class

setPartyHp [0-4] [0-MaxHP] : set hp of a party member by their index

showUI [0-1] : enable or disable the ui

addEnemy [nameofEnemey] : adds an enemy to the current battle

giveCoin [0-n] : gives you an amount of coin

giveItem [itemIdName] : optionally you can also specify a number afterwards if you want multiple (item names can be found in Steam\steamapps\common\The Iron Oath\The Iron Oath_Data\StreamingAssets\Data\Items\Loot. Open up one of the json files and look for the "uniqueId" for the item you want)

addTrait [nameOfTrait] [characterIndex] : in a dungeon the index would be 0-4 but outside of dungeon it would be up to the number of units in the company (usually it's in order of their join date, so Euric is 0)

RemoveAllTraits 0 [characterIndex] : remove all traits from a unit. in a dungeon the index
would be 0-4 but outside of dungeon it would be up to the number of units in the company. The first 0 parameter doesn't do anything and needs to stay at 0

runEvent [eventUniqueId] : run any scripted event by the node name specified in the yarn editor (usually something like SE.EventName)

addRepToLocalCity [0-100] : changes reputation based on the closest city to you

addRepToLocalHouse [0-100] : changes reputation based on the closest city to you

giveRenown [0-n] : give yourself some amount of renown

travelTo [nameOfCity] : travel to a city (i believe the first letter needs to be lowercase)

setMinCharacterLevel [0-n] : sets all characters in the company to at least this level

revealAll : in a dungeon this command will reveal all tile events on the map

agingEnabled [0-1] : enable or disable character aging

giveNamedItem [0-n] : give yourself a number of pieces of named loot

setVariable [nameOfVariableInYarn] [newValue] : directly modify a value normally set in yarn

GiveWeaponByType [weaponType] : give yourself a weapon by type

GiveWeaponOrArmor [armorType] : give yourself an armor piece by type

For adding traits, the tags are as follows (I might have missed 1 or two, and some of these might have been deactivated though I went through and removed ones I know for sure aren't active anymore):

Honorable
OpenMinded
Stubborn
Cautious
Rash
Content
Greedy
Brave
Cowardly
Harsh
Merciful
FitnessFreak
Giant
Swift
Miracle
Lifer
WorkHorse
Dutiful
Coordinated
Nimble
Headstrong
ReadyForAction
FortifiedGuard
KeenEye
InspirationalLeader
CorneredBeast
SurvivalInstinct
Fortitude
IronWill
DamageControl
CalculatedApproach
Impatient
Narcolepsy
HardOfHearing
Antisocial
Disloyal
Hemopheliac
Frail
Hesitant
Sluggish
Sickly
Claustrophobic
Anemic
Clumsy
UnhealthyLifestyle
Dullard
Asthmatic
Addict
HeavyHanded
Savage
Reckless
Evasive
ShortStature
HeightenedSenses
LoneWolf
Cannibal
TunnelVision
Overconfidence
FlashInThePan
Hasty
Faithless
Pacifist
Last edited by sennin; 6 Jun @ 12:13pm
r47926 6 Jun @ 12:37pm 
Wow, that was fast - thanks!
sennin  [developer] 6 Jun @ 9:37pm 
No problem! :)
Can you tell me where that file would be on a Mac? Or otherwise how to activate the console using one?

I can see all kinds of Json files inside the app's contents, but I'm always reluctant to go mucking about inside the application's logic. I don't, however, see anything called options.json, either inside the packaged app, or anywhere on my hard drive for that matter... :/

I know I could just use Crossover, or Parralells, which I have, but it's so refreshing to be able to play this directly from MacOS for a change.
night4 26 Sep @ 1:20pm 
I wish I'd seen this before I started... it would have saved me an hour of reloading trying to get party members without terrible traits. I wasn't even going to min/max ones, just not really bad ones, lol.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50