Generation Zero®

Generation Zero®

View Stats:
Experimental weapons vs Gold weapons with upgrades?
I just came back to the game after months of not playing at all. I have a bunch of Experimentals including the PVG anti-materiel rifle.

I see that you can't apply the upgrades to the experimental weapons. So I was wondering... Is it best to use the experimental PVG for example, or to use the gold version with the "does 40% more damage at long range" mod on it, and whatever else works well for sniping?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
SniperGirl 31 Jul @ 10:51am 
The PVG 90 exp has been nerfed to doing a lot less damage. It takes a direct hit in the tanks to destroy a runner or seeker now.
NativeOne 31 Jul @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by SniperGirl:
The PVG 90 exp has been nerfed to doing a lot less damage. It takes a direct hit in the tanks to destroy a runner or seeker now.

Glad i still use the gold ..

still has the problem with being nerfed but at least i can augment it ..

*long range aug has a nasty take away -loses damage if distance is closed ..

no telling what that distance is ..
Velmoria 31 Jul @ 4:14pm 
Exp.PVG90 still have more damage overall each shot, but have 3/4 fire rate of regular PVG90. It seem it's more similar to Silver Unstoppable augment, but I haven't compared them directly.

PVG90 with Silver Scorch augment can have similar or high damage each shot than Exp.PVG90 if directly hit the component.

I would say it depends on the weapon and your needs. Exp.Kvm 59 still too good because of fixed shock damage every hit and Exp.Pump Shotgun with Med Ammo can easily heal player to full.
Originally posted by SniperGirl:

I was thinking it must have been. I was blasting away at tanks and harvesters and using up craploads of ammo and not seeming to achieve much. Previously they would have been dead in relatively few shots.
Zhehan 31 Jul @ 6:58pm 
I noticed that with the EXP PVG90 that I now have to use AP and FMJ rounds to have the desired effect. Before the weapon augmentation update, FMJ was all I needed to carry.

I can still take down the big machines quickly if I use the appropriate ammo on the relevant parts. I'll have to play around with a 5 crown PVG with Titan Topper augmentation to see if it's a noticable difference to me.

I have that perk on a 5C PM71 and a 5C A1-76 and AP vs FMJ definitely makes a difference.
Titan Topper is key .. along with Hit & Run ..
~Gold PVG90
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50