Where They Cremate The Roadkill

Where They Cremate The Roadkill

What is the "Meaning" you can take from WTCTRK
In the most basis sense what can you tell me you "got" from beating WTCTRK, if you even beaten it that is.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
TIBdOBtheGLOB 10 Jan, 2023 @ 4:58pm 
I can't exactly do that without going into in depth detail but I guess the best tldr; I can give is that it's literally the Unabomber Manifesto given video game form. Not even joking since the game itself flat out quotes it too.

Other than the aformentioned "The Industrial Revolution has been a disaster for the human race," the game's plot is about one man against what's basically literally everything. Everything is out to get you, the government is run by the BIG EVIL BAD worm society and there's many people who've done ♥♥♥♥♥♥ wrong who he wants to get revenge on. Not to mention all the agitated folks and the poor state of Neo Nigeria in general. Even the world itself is personified as an antagonist through the existence of Emnn, the world is an extension of him and even ♥♥♥♥♥♥. Being born from his's envy or want to encompass all things (a possible strange longing he developed due to his previous life as fictionist, to be able to truly understand the thoughts or ideas of another person completely, without any physical barriers truly in place) to the point of breaking the flow of time to soak up even more of everything. But of course ♥♥♥♥♥♥, in his infinite pettiness and contrarianism (oh yeah insanity too due to Animo but he beat him at some point before Emnn so who knows he might've recovered for a short bit lol, seems more like a loose sorta ignored plot thread which was wrapped up too late I guess) puts an end to his future existence by ending it all. Even himself if you choose to do so, but of course that just sets everything in a loop though, whoops.

I can talk for a while as to what the game actually is going on about, since it's obviously all about "modern society has given us only cruelty and horrifying suffering and it's only ever going to get worse and WORSE!!" Which is what I'd like to do but in terms of what I actually "got" from it, personally? Myself?

Well it's obviously a really well made game visually, I love how it looks. So I got that out of it. But I also strangely feel that it's definitely one of Clowder's most personal projects into what he likes or thinks about. Maybe it's just because of the aforementioned common theme of the world blowing ass and one man going against it all to put a stop to it all. Like OFF's ending but with slightly more morality and good justifications for the protagonist to pull that kind of ♥♥♥♥♥ despite ♥♥♥♥♥♥ not exactly being the most righteous of characters either. But maybe it's also the times I saw his posts online rambling on about DMT trips he gets while sleeping, which the game also has. Ofc not while sleeping but while eating mushrooms and whatnot.

I'm not good at writing I hope this made sense, probably not I left out a lot of details.

P.S. hi allywally : )
Last edited by TIBdOBtheGLOB; 10 Jan, 2023 @ 5:01pm
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50