Dustborn

Dustborn

View Stats:
So progressive, huh?
Do you really like all this clowning? Well, you know, forced kindness, washing that we are all different, self-hatred, radical behavior on the street and in front of others, hating Steve for being born a white guy, is that right? Do corporations really care about you? You're more important than money, right?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Bmx Bandit 18 Aug @ 12:22pm 
Gotta give it to the devs for portraying a black woman being a violent criminal
DdBrey 18 Aug @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by Bmx Bandit:
I heard an interesting phrase: "Learn to be a human being before exposing yourself to the public as a hero."
Most of the characters in such games are very poorly written and have too positive character traits, which makes them a dummy. And usually those who hide flaws turn out to be beaten off by freaks. The hero is a nothing, even if he has inclusivity in the form of a speck on his cheek or the absence of any limb (yes, people with disabilities exist, but not to the extent of fetishism in the media to show every other incapacitated autistic person). Why is the character an eternally rebellious upstart with the inscription Anarchy on a MacBook and with a colored fade haircut drinking bubble tea from Starbucks?
What's wrong with an ordinary normal citizen character with his own problems? It's interesting to watch this, the hero develops and really achieves difficult goals with difficult consequences, rather than standing still and getting everything on a tray as if it was conceived in his head, according to a linear scenario.
I hate millennial writings.
Last edited by DdBrey; 18 Aug @ 3:21pm
Megalo 18 Aug @ 6:49pm 
Originally posted by DdBrey:
I heard an interesting phrase: "Learn to be a human being before exposing yourself to the public as a hero."
Most of the characters in such games are very poorly written and have too positive character traits, which makes them a dummy. And usually those who hide flaws turn out to be beaten off by freaks. The hero is a nothing, even if he has inclusivity in the form of a speck on his cheek or the absence of any limb (yes, people with disabilities exist, but not to the extent of fetishism in the media to show every other incapacitated autistic person). Why is the character an eternally rebellious upstart with the inscription Anarchy on a MacBook and with a colored fade haircut drinking bubble tea from Starbucks?
What's wrong with an ordinary normal citizen character with his own problems? It's interesting to watch this, the hero develops and really achieves difficult goals with difficult consequences, rather than standing still and getting everything on a tray as if it was conceived in his head, according to a linear scenario.
I hate millennial writings.
Millennial writings... is what made me actively start hating Borderlands.
:steamthis:
Rena 18 Aug @ 9:19pm 
Real talk though I remember like in the early 2000s people were way move accepting of each other and their differences ever since all this ♥♥♥♥ started (im guessing 2014) racial tensions have increased and general acceptance of LGBT has gone down. Like the irony of these movements making people more "bigoted" due to their obnoxious nature and demonising people who they dont consider one of them
You guys just love getting together and talking to yourselves, don't you?
DdBrey 19 Aug @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by Call me Blud:
You guys just love getting together and talking to yourselves, don't you?
Yes, join us if you want
Paul 19 Aug @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by Rena:
Real talk though I remember like in the early 2000s people were way move accepting of each other and their differences ever since all this ♥♥♥♥ started (im guessing 2014) racial tensions have increased and general acceptance of LGBT has gone down. Like the irony of these movements making people more "bigoted" due to their obnoxious nature and demonising people who they dont consider one of them
Action - reaction.
@R+5 19 Aug @ 11:40am 
Real talk though I remember like in the early 2000s people were way move accepting of each other and their differences

Because "identity politics" wasnt forced or enforced by corporations and govs.

characters in fiction were usually better written, because their appearance, and their private individual quirks and interests were usually only meant as a piece of trivia, to speculate about the possible motivations for their actions.

Also back them, it was still less obvious how much marxist ideologies were influencing and hijacking many aspects of normal life, by occupying businesses and political positions, everywhere in every country (almost like what scientologist tried to do, but at a bigger scales, since this bs is part of the cold war drama, and has been going even before ww2).

ever since all this ♥♥♥♥ started (im guessing 2014) racial tensions have increased and general acceptance of LGBT has gone down.

mostly thanks to the choices and actions of the "abcetc movement", specially by relying in this cultural and ideological sabotage, through govs and corporations, and then becoming allies and promoters of authoritarian and totalitarian points of view themselves.

in less words, they became something worse to what they used to criticise, and it backfired. but is a good thing, because people must learn to separate the brand "abcetc+", with their own individual identities, peculiarities and limitations: to have x, y or z trait, doesnt meant you are automatically part of the "abcetc+" brand, and that ideology, doesnt actually care about individuals, but using them as tools for imposing authoritarian bs.

so, if you were unable to follow the logic, in less words, the "syllables" are a trojan horse, not only meant to be used against others, but the same people "packed" inside it.
Last edited by @R+5; 19 Aug @ 11:43am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 17 Aug @ 1:41am